This is probably the only post that will be from THE Elder Christensen.

If you are reading this you probably know me and are close to me so I won't really describe myself...

But today is Sunday May 02, 2010. I get set apart tomorrow as a MISSIONARY for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints at 8:30 P.M. These last couple days have been a whirl-wind but I still have yet to fully grasp the concept of flying to Brazil Tuesday morning so I'm betting the coming days will just OWN me from the inside out as far as craziness goes. I am so excited to head off into the unknown, and am ready to tackle any challenge that comes my way. My mom and dad taught me right, and I am so thankful to you all of you that prepared me for getting this far. You all know who you are

Anyways the blog that follows will pretty much just be a post of Emails that are from me to my family and friends, and it will be a good way to see me progress through my mission first hand. Even if my emails aren't necessarily to you don't feel weird about reading them. I want as many people to share this experience with me as I can.

God be with all of you until we meet again. You'll need it while you don't have me to bestow my presence upon you. haha. I'll see you all in a couple years.

-Scott

Send Me A Letter, I Miss You.

Elder Michael Scott Christensen
Brazil São Paulo Interlagos Mission
R. Euzébio de Souza, 121
Jardim Londrina
05638-100 São Paulo - SP
Brazil

May 18, 2010

Week 2 MTC

okay so because I have next to no time i磍l just answer your letter and todd磗 letter all in one go. Mom- my box number is 30 at the MTC燽ut even if you send it without a box number it will get sorted to me so don磘 worry about it. I sent you a letter by snail mail that has all the information on it the first day i was here so it should be there by now. Week 2 has been pretty cool. The language is being learned way faster than營 expected. I can more or less talk to people about really simple things (like calling them ugly and what not) but i can pretty much understand just about everything if they talk slow. One of the brasilians was trying to trick me by talking really fast and i could understand every word he said, but then another brasileirio did that and i couldn磘 understand a thing because he had an accent from Rio. So whatever. Luckily the people of S鉶 paulo are pretty easy to understand so it磗 no big deal usually. Although, i will say that this one kid has a lisp and I rarely understand anything he says. Similarly though if we talk in a british or scottish accent then our instructors can磘 understand anything we say. weirrrd. Wow I燾an磘 figure out the enter key on this computer so i磍l just make this one big paragraph. Todd- Rio is a smaller city so yeah it only has like however many you said, but the City of S鉶 Paulo alone has 17 million and then you add in the surrounding areas and it磗 apparently 22 million. That磗爅ust爓hat i hear from the brasilians though, and they are proving to be pranksters like 90% of the time. We do funny stuff here all the time to keep ourselves entertained. We got dubbed by the other districts as 创the loud district创 because whenever we are at lunch or in our room we are laughing super hard. Most of the kids here are pretty serious all day, like even at gym they just sit and study portugues. But we have been keeping a balance and all of the leaders here are pretty impressed with how our district is doing language wise and gospel wise so whatever. Fart-boxing wise though, that happens every time we have class because we eat tons of beans, meat, and poop-aya. That stuff just makes you have gas all the time. One of the first things i learned in portugues was ``Eu estou com gasses!创 which i磎 sure you can figure out the meaning of. I just run around saying it in a mexican accent all the time and the brasilians think it磗 the funniest thing ever. But hey, one more thing to mom before i forget, yes send my scriptures and stuff, but if you haven磘 already sent them send them to the mission home not the MTC. And send them from the post office. Otherwise i磍l have to pay tons of rediculous taxes from customs and the box will take a year to get here. And check around to make sure my patriarchal blessing isn磘 at home because i am not sure i have it here. But anyways I have about 10 minutes left so i磍l just share as many funny experiences as i can before I run out of time. Today we went over to the temple and I was in the back of a ``sprinter bus创 which i磎 sure you can guess goes pretty fast. There was a bunch of kids that just got here a week after i did and it was their first bus ride and as we came through an intersection everyone in the back went airborne for a second which is pretty normal. The funny thing to me was the fact that i didn磘 even notice untill i saw the eyes of the new kids. I mean, I磎 new. But you have to get used to it or you磀 have a heart attack. We get out into the city only on P-Days and rarely we get to go out and proselyte (I haven磘 gotten to do that yet). But the neighboorhood is pretty cool. The weather is so nice here that shops pretty much consist of a big adobe garage with like a big garage door in the front that they open whenever the stoor is open. So it磗 basically just three walls. So you would think that it would be pretty shabby on the inside, but it磗 usually pretty nice. There will be like some weird ford or chevy baja truck parked out front that isn磘 sold in america that is real nice and shiny, and the inside will be a drugstore or a bar or something like that. The drugstore is exactly like a drugstore at home, just some things that should be expensive are cheap and some things should be cheap are expensive. Floss is $R3.00 and Dove soap is like less than $R1.00. wierd. anyways I have just about run out of time. I promise I磎 journaling a lot so there is a lot that i don磘 have time to tell you that i磍l tell you later. I love everyone and when you get the MTC address put put it up on the blog. Tell everyone to write me too. anyways, Laters.


I am not sure what all the scribble marks are about. Is this some sort of Brazilian censoring, or an unfamiliar keyboard? Either way we are very proud of Elder Scott and thrilled that he is finding joy in his days. MTC address will be posted as soon as I get it. thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment