This is probably the only post that will be from THE Elder Christensen.

If you are reading this you probably know me and are close to me so I won't really describe myself...

But today is Sunday May 02, 2010. I get set apart tomorrow as a MISSIONARY for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints at 8:30 P.M. These last couple days have been a whirl-wind but I still have yet to fully grasp the concept of flying to Brazil Tuesday morning so I'm betting the coming days will just OWN me from the inside out as far as craziness goes. I am so excited to head off into the unknown, and am ready to tackle any challenge that comes my way. My mom and dad taught me right, and I am so thankful to you all of you that prepared me for getting this far. You all know who you are

Anyways the blog that follows will pretty much just be a post of Emails that are from me to my family and friends, and it will be a good way to see me progress through my mission first hand. Even if my emails aren't necessarily to you don't feel weird about reading them. I want as many people to share this experience with me as I can.

God be with all of you until we meet again. You'll need it while you don't have me to bestow my presence upon you. haha. I'll see you all in a couple years.

-Scott

Send Me A Letter, I Miss You.

Elder Michael Scott Christensen
Brazil São Paulo Interlagos Mission
R. Euzébio de Souza, 121
Jardim Londrina
05638-100 São Paulo - SP
Brazil

Aug 16, 2010

last P-day with a trainer

My trainer is getting transfered. 6 weeks in the field went by pretty fast. I still don´t really know who my next companion will be, but we´ll find out tomorrow.

But I have to say I was laughing at Todd´s story about the south. A lot. And to answer Mom´s and other people´s question about what I need, you can send the following. Peanut Butter because it doesn´t exist here. Maple EXTRACT because i need to make some syrup for my pancakes. Don´t send just syrup because I can make it better, but send the maple. Brasil doesn´t have maple trees, let alone yummy little bottles of magic to make syrup. For now I´m going to try using vanilla. We´ll see. It´s also becoming increasingly apparent that i need a sewing kit. I have a pair of pants that i like to use for a week at a time and they are getting destroyed. I´m going to try to wear them untill it´s not physically possible, so sent the needles and thread. Also, candy that has peanut butter in it (nutter butters, reese´s, peanut butter m&m´s) would be cool too. Actually any candy. Just send at least 2 of everything so I can share, and don´t send/declare more than $25 of stuff or I might get a tax and never get it. But for now this is my wish list.

But today there was a cool story. I decided that I wanted to attack the fridge and clean it out today. The freezer thingy hadn´t been deiced in at least 7 and a half months, so it was just a cube of ice. So my plan was to just chip it out, but I realized that would be messy. So I just unplugged it and relocated it to our shower and started to chip it out with a meat hammer. But then my comp realized that we could use the the warm-ish shower water to melt it out. So we did. I ALMOST turned it into a zoolanderish gay water/gasoline fight, but he was wearing a suit and it´s really cold. Soooo instead nothing interesting happened, but I cleaned the fridge. Cool story huh?

That´s pretty much how it goes here. Stuff that is really funny to me, is general only funny to me. I like to go on stretches of walking like a marching band person when we aren´t getting into houses or our lessons are falling through. heel-toe, 1 foot steps, just floating along. I also find it more or less comical that our chapel is being renovated. For us that means a year and a half of church in a random house that they´ll rent out. But hey, who needs a baptismal font, or a place where you can fit more than 150 people. We´ll just keep working along, as I walk like a band person and laugh at jokes that I only I understand. I think a member said we´ll make a font out of a caixa de agua. Basically a kiddie pool. Should be a blast, and for now I´m the only one laughing.

Especially since my trainer is getting transferred. I hope my next companion is funny. Odds are he´ll be a brasilian, and that means odds are against me. They tend to be a serious bunch suprisingly. At least with things like farts. Their culture does not think that farts are okay.

But anyways, something interesting is that we contacted a member that stopped coming to church 7 years ago. He said it was because the missionaries rushed him into baptism, and then left him out in the cold afterwords. He stopped reading the book of mormon and the bible, began to have unanswered questions and just fell away. This isn´t the first time we have found this. So here is my message to the whole world via email. The church is true. People aren´t perfect. If you will pray about your questions and sincerely look for answers you will find them. I don´t know anyone who has had more questions about the church than me. And I know it´s true because I looked. Everyone can if they´ll be patient. Don´t make excuses, just go find the truth

No comments:

Post a Comment