This is probably the only post that will be from THE Elder Christensen.

If you are reading this you probably know me and are close to me so I won't really describe myself...

But today is Sunday May 02, 2010. I get set apart tomorrow as a MISSIONARY for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints at 8:30 P.M. These last couple days have been a whirl-wind but I still have yet to fully grasp the concept of flying to Brazil Tuesday morning so I'm betting the coming days will just OWN me from the inside out as far as craziness goes. I am so excited to head off into the unknown, and am ready to tackle any challenge that comes my way. My mom and dad taught me right, and I am so thankful to you all of you that prepared me for getting this far. You all know who you are

Anyways the blog that follows will pretty much just be a post of Emails that are from me to my family and friends, and it will be a good way to see me progress through my mission first hand. Even if my emails aren't necessarily to you don't feel weird about reading them. I want as many people to share this experience with me as I can.

God be with all of you until we meet again. You'll need it while you don't have me to bestow my presence upon you. haha. I'll see you all in a couple years.

-Scott

Send Me A Letter, I Miss You.

Elder Michael Scott Christensen
Brazil São Paulo Interlagos Mission
R. Euzébio de Souza, 121
Jardim Londrina
05638-100 São Paulo - SP
Brazil

Aug 30, 2010

Week two of natives‏

This week I had a blast. My companion is technically the senior, and although he likes to work hard, he has issues with talking to people sometimes because of fear. So I just have been showing by example how to do tons of stuff when the you have never seen it done in your native language before and you have to go do it in a language that you´ve ALMOST been trying to speak for 4 months. It´s so much fun, because I have a command from God to go do these things, so the level of help I receive in the moment is tremendous. Lots of really cool slash funny experiences

For example, we were talking to a man in the street and he said that he didn´t beleive the Holy Ghost was present on the earth anymore. The words I used to explain to him are not in my vocabulary, so that was neat, but also I just randomly said, ``These things can only be known through experience, and you are going to get your experience right now. Listen to your heart as I say what I´m about to say.´´ And I randomly started to bear my witness to him of the devinity of Christ. I didn´t even know what was going on, but my mouth just kept going. The guy was speechless afterwords because he could no longer deny the reality of our teachings and he just got really mad. Pretty neat but sad that he just got angry. whatevs, maybe another day for him.

Also we were giving someone the gift of the holy ghost after baptism, and the bishop asked him who he wanted to do it, and he pointed to me. Great. But it happened, and again the power and authority that I represent was manifest. Sometimes, I feel kind of inadequit to walk the streets with this kind of calling, but I´m here and it´s very real, so that´s cool.

In an unrelated note, everytime I hear reggae like music I want to grab a guitar or ukulele sooooo bad. That is one of the first things I´m going to do when I get back. Blahgh. I don´t have a lot of time today... but I want everyone at home to know that I love them. I am doing good, and I don´t think I would trade places with anyone else on earth right now. Sometimes I go to sleep wanting to just quit and cry mself to sleep because of the level of stress I feel for other people I´m trying to help, but this work is so fulfilling. Brazil is pretty cool too. But keep it classy at home, and maybe I´ll send you guys a picture of something weird next week. Gotta run, so see ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment