This is probably the only post that will be from THE Elder Christensen.

If you are reading this you probably know me and are close to me so I won't really describe myself...

But today is Sunday May 02, 2010. I get set apart tomorrow as a MISSIONARY for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints at 8:30 P.M. These last couple days have been a whirl-wind but I still have yet to fully grasp the concept of flying to Brazil Tuesday morning so I'm betting the coming days will just OWN me from the inside out as far as craziness goes. I am so excited to head off into the unknown, and am ready to tackle any challenge that comes my way. My mom and dad taught me right, and I am so thankful to you all of you that prepared me for getting this far. You all know who you are

Anyways the blog that follows will pretty much just be a post of Emails that are from me to my family and friends, and it will be a good way to see me progress through my mission first hand. Even if my emails aren't necessarily to you don't feel weird about reading them. I want as many people to share this experience with me as I can.

God be with all of you until we meet again. You'll need it while you don't have me to bestow my presence upon you. haha. I'll see you all in a couple years.

-Scott

Send Me A Letter, I Miss You.

Elder Michael Scott Christensen
Brazil São Paulo Interlagos Mission
R. Euzébio de Souza, 121
Jardim Londrina
05638-100 São Paulo - SP
Brazil

Sep 13, 2010

meow meow‏

haha I got a package, and I´ll try and send a picture of it. We´ll see... But the moral of the story is that I got it, made a cake, and ate it. BRITHDAY!!!111! I know I mispelled that, but it´s funnier to me that way.
So anyways, this week I found some more lobsterclaw people. One dude has a hand that is more of a lobster claw than any that I´ve yet seen, but also I found a curveball - A worm hand. Just one big ol´ finger with like 6 joints. It had a huge fingernail at the end, and no palm. That one was really cool because it was wriggling around in circles while he talked. Needless to say I was entranced and that I got lost in thought for some time.
Agh I think the attachment failed. Maybe next time. The computers here are less than desireable for anything more than ``command prompt´´ but whatever for now.
But going back to the worm hand, sometimes I get lost in self narroration (spleleeling?). I feel like wishbone the dog from the old TV show about classical novels and the dog that imagines himself into the story. Everyone here is in funny costumes and I just feel like my life isn´t real sometimes. The other day we were just walking down the street and a car pulled up and it was our bishop and stake councelor. next thing I know we were talking some kid out of a suicide attempt. Like things just happen and it´s not a huge deal, because they happen pretty regularly. Even weirder than that is we always know exactly what to do after a few minutes of being really freaked out by some of the things we run into.
It´s just weird to go into everyday knowing you are going to do stuff beyond your own capacity.
But it strengthens the testimony too.
BBuuutttt anyways I got the package. The frosting exploded everywhere in transit, but I scooped it out and used it anyways. I cooked the starburst into some pancakes and it was suprisingly similar to eating them with raspberries. And I got grandmas package too.

I love you all and I want to say so much more but I have no more time. maybe next week? haha
laterssssssssssssssssssssssssss

No comments:

Post a Comment