This is probably the only post that will be from THE Elder Christensen.

If you are reading this you probably know me and are close to me so I won't really describe myself...

But today is Sunday May 02, 2010. I get set apart tomorrow as a MISSIONARY for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints at 8:30 P.M. These last couple days have been a whirl-wind but I still have yet to fully grasp the concept of flying to Brazil Tuesday morning so I'm betting the coming days will just OWN me from the inside out as far as craziness goes. I am so excited to head off into the unknown, and am ready to tackle any challenge that comes my way. My mom and dad taught me right, and I am so thankful to you all of you that prepared me for getting this far. You all know who you are

Anyways the blog that follows will pretty much just be a post of Emails that are from me to my family and friends, and it will be a good way to see me progress through my mission first hand. Even if my emails aren't necessarily to you don't feel weird about reading them. I want as many people to share this experience with me as I can.

God be with all of you until we meet again. You'll need it while you don't have me to bestow my presence upon you. haha. I'll see you all in a couple years.

-Scott

Send Me A Letter, I Miss You.

Elder Michael Scott Christensen
Brazil São Paulo Interlagos Mission
R. Euzébio de Souza, 121
Jardim Londrina
05638-100 São Paulo - SP
Brazil

Oct 25, 2010

So I lost a good 20 minutes or so of my email time to computer problems in the lan house. Turn out when you go to a ghetto hole in the wall lan house in brazil, sometimes the internet/computers don´t function perfectly. It was a good oppourtunity to learn patience....?

So first off all, I sent a whole bunch of letters out this last tuesday because that is the only day I have to send letters and it´s been about a month since I sent one. It took a while because every tuesday seems to be a holiday. The funny thing is no one has any idea why they have their holidays. Brazilian independence day was a few months ago, and I asked a whole bunch of people about the independence story of brazil, and no one knows. They just know that on that day, you don´t go to work because you drink all day. Who cares why, right? It turns out that someone finally explained their independence to me, and they claim a portuguese prince just kind of got brazil as a present one day. Wooooo. Independence. Last tuesday was Dia das Crianças, or kids day. There also exists a ``proclomation to the family day´´ which is a new thing. haha. go mormons.

anyways, I was eating lunch the other day and I ate a ton of this pepper sauce, and got it all over my lips/face. 5 minutes later, my whole face was on fire. I thought through a list of mildly basic things to neutralize it, decided on milk, and when we went to our house after I just dumped milk on my face. PROBLEM SOLVED. seriously it solved the problem. Thank-you chemistry. I´m not even sure that milk is basic. But man, it felt good.

Also the other day I was walking and I saw someones foot turn allllll the way around. MY eyes got huge, and then their leg just snapped sideways at the knee and fell off. At this point I did that terrified face that Todd has seen 10 million times, and thought about the probability of a zombie apocolypse. uuhhhh. turned out to be a prosthetic leg. oh wells.

But yeah. woo. Sorry I can´t type more, but I don´t really have anytime left due to the poopinessss of the computers. I lurves you alls and have a good day.

also it´s good to know my nephew has balls. Thor it is then. I´ll make him and electric hammer when I get home right after I make a few other ideas my mind has been cooking up. Example:swamp boat bicycle. Link up a weed wacker engine to a big fan and slam it on a bike. It´d be sick, and you can still pedal. how cool is that? anyways gots to run. laters

No comments:

Post a Comment