This is probably the only post that will be from THE Elder Christensen.

If you are reading this you probably know me and are close to me so I won't really describe myself...

But today is Sunday May 02, 2010. I get set apart tomorrow as a MISSIONARY for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints at 8:30 P.M. These last couple days have been a whirl-wind but I still have yet to fully grasp the concept of flying to Brazil Tuesday morning so I'm betting the coming days will just OWN me from the inside out as far as craziness goes. I am so excited to head off into the unknown, and am ready to tackle any challenge that comes my way. My mom and dad taught me right, and I am so thankful to you all of you that prepared me for getting this far. You all know who you are

Anyways the blog that follows will pretty much just be a post of Emails that are from me to my family and friends, and it will be a good way to see me progress through my mission first hand. Even if my emails aren't necessarily to you don't feel weird about reading them. I want as many people to share this experience with me as I can.

God be with all of you until we meet again. You'll need it while you don't have me to bestow my presence upon you. haha. I'll see you all in a couple years.

-Scott

Send Me A Letter, I Miss You.

Elder Michael Scott Christensen
Brazil São Paulo Interlagos Mission
R. Euzébio de Souza, 121
Jardim Londrina
05638-100 São Paulo - SP
Brazil

Dec 29, 2010

So I am here laughing at the photo rachael sent me. Well done. Every once in a while, while I am in a house here I see a christmas card or a photo or a wedding announcement of a little missionary that passed by in my area with his chubby wife or something like that and I always get hysterical when I see how nerdy they are. But I think in place of mailing normal stuff I will photo shop a whole bunch of pictures of me (me with 3 arms, me marrying a cat, me fishing and catching myself) and just mail them to the people here without a description, but a phrase that is painfully stupid. Kind of like those inspirational posters. ``POWER, it磗 whats inside创 with a picture of a dinosaur bursting out of my stomach or something like that. Or maybe just a phrase like ``merry christmas创 with me simultaneously cutting off the arm of a robot and stealing his robot girlfriend. But I have a while to think about the cool things I can do to make people laugh here.

In the meantime I just make them laugh through my wierdness in person. The other day I was talking to this old russiany lady in the street and I realized that her dress made her look like a cartoon character of somekind, and then I realize it is those flowers that dance around in the original Fantasia. It has nutcracker music during that part and they are just spinning and sp韓ning... and I started to imagine her spinning... then my companion asked me why I was singing nutcracker music out loud in the middle of our conversation. Unknowingly I had gotten so into the story that I was singing that part of the nutcracker out loud and just nodding really slowly and smiling super creepily because it was so cool in my mind. So we went to visit some recent converts later that day and I told them that same story and they loved it. It seems like because I am american with a crazy accent, that I am the equivelant of Borat to everyone here, and everything I do or think is super retarded and hilarious to them. So that is fun...

But in other news, the new year celebration is supposed to be even more like a civil war than christmas. During christmas I seriously thought at a certain point in the middle of the night that it was some kind of war, because the fireworks just sounded like machine guns and bombs going off. These aren磘 your classy colored fireworks, it is just a whole lot of cheap noise. So it is essentially the same exact sound as guns and stuff, given that its just gunpowder exploding everywhere. But I woke up at night, looked at my companion and asked ``are we going to die?创 and he thought I was sooo funny. Hohohoho. Turns out that to them this is super normal. But whatever.

Uhhh... It磗 hot outside...

Oh and thanks to grandma for the blue socks. 8 months of a blue suit with black (and occasionally white) socks was pretty classy, but it磗 good to match me now. The candy is super good too, and it磗 great because my companion at some dark chocolate because he never tried it before and he was like ``Ugh it磗 sooooo bitterrrrrr创 and won磘 eat my candy now even if I offer it to him, so I am eating EVERYTHING. The candy canes are super good. I loved it all. and I am making jam. woo.

Other than that there isn磘 a ton to relate. That night that I called I was in the house of this crazy guy that is super cool. He磗 Italian, was baptised there, went to BYU after and married a Brazilian there, lived in arizona for 2 years then came here to work. He works in international relations so he knows spanish and english as well as italian and portuguese. But the funny part is that he speaks it all to their kid that is just starting to talk and the kid is gonna be a freaking genious. He came into the room while I was talking to you guys on the phone and was talking to me in all 4 languages at once but after listening to english for like 2 or 3 minutes started to just say all the english words he knew. I had my mind blown. And he is the coolest kid ever because he never cries. He just runs around non-stop like a demon and never stops babbling. But it磗 cool because I won磘 have kids for 9 million years.

But yay for nephews! I am going to teach him how to make every version of a gross sound imaginable. I have a growing list. Farting in armpit, pulling my finger, burping, that kind of stuff. So get ready for a gentleman and a scholar, because that is what I am gonna make him. I磍l make him a lightning throwing hammer too to celebrate his heritage. Those will be fun days.

But holy cow. The mission is fun. I feel like I am getting pretty stretched by some of the situations that we face here in this area, but the talk from Richard G. Scott in the last conference version of the ensign about Faith and Character is good.

Haha, there is this dude with huge crazy dreadlocks that is super happy to be alive in the lan house and he磗 making me laugh.
Jah-maica. he smells like weed.

anyways that is about it. For this week at least. We磍l see how the new year goes. 2011, a year of pure mission. Should be good. Stay classy

No comments:

Post a Comment