This is probably the only post that will be from THE Elder Christensen.

If you are reading this you probably know me and are close to me so I won't really describe myself...

But today is Sunday May 02, 2010. I get set apart tomorrow as a MISSIONARY for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints at 8:30 P.M. These last couple days have been a whirl-wind but I still have yet to fully grasp the concept of flying to Brazil Tuesday morning so I'm betting the coming days will just OWN me from the inside out as far as craziness goes. I am so excited to head off into the unknown, and am ready to tackle any challenge that comes my way. My mom and dad taught me right, and I am so thankful to you all of you that prepared me for getting this far. You all know who you are

Anyways the blog that follows will pretty much just be a post of Emails that are from me to my family and friends, and it will be a good way to see me progress through my mission first hand. Even if my emails aren't necessarily to you don't feel weird about reading them. I want as many people to share this experience with me as I can.

God be with all of you until we meet again. You'll need it while you don't have me to bestow my presence upon you. haha. I'll see you all in a couple years.

-Scott

Send Me A Letter, I Miss You.

Elder Michael Scott Christensen
Brazil São Paulo Interlagos Mission
R. Euzébio de Souza, 121
Jardim Londrina
05638-100 São Paulo - SP
Brazil

Mar 14, 2011

one more transfer‏

So my companion got transfered and I am so much happier. I am no gonna lie, he is a great guy that is here for the right reasons and everything, but NOT having someone that is rediculously critical of you around all day is really relieving. My new comp's name is Elder Silva. Just for those of you that don't know, that is a really stereotypical name (like elder smith). But I decided that he is more or less Tyler Bowers. So we get along pretty good. Also he speaks perfect english and only watched american shows before the mission so I can make tons of jokes that are funny to me AND HE GETS THEM. It is incredible. Also, he is officially the oldest companion (in mission years) that I have ever had. He has a year and like 2 months out already, so not only is he fun, but he knows what he is doing. I am counting my blessings, but it kind of sucks beause I think I will be transfered this next go around
Things he likes from the US that they don't have here are:
1) Beef Jerkey
2) Dove Chocolate
so if anyone sends a package, keep him in mind because he is awesome.
Speaking of packages, the package that Grandma sent me is so perfect. Not only did she make a perfect collection of candies, but she put in a self filtering water bottle. I don't know if I mentioned, but we have those on our mission and I lost mine. Then I found another one and lost that one. So I was drinking some pretty questionable water and simultaneously being dehydrated because I am afraid of the water. So woohoo for gramma. She probably saved my life by putting that water bottle in. Or at least saved me from losing time being sick. Plus, it is the same company that makes our water bottles, but a version that is 100 times better. So now I am "the cool missionary" who's water bottle not only works, but is made out of metal. Oh yeah.
But anyways, that is about it. I love being here with my new companion. Being around someone who is fun and happy and knows how to work is so nice. I go to bed so thankful every night after being with my last comp for 3 months. It is funny because he grew up speaking english about half the time, and will say really funny stuff to me in english during the day. Like the other day this gigantic fat lady waddled by and he was like "she's on your team." But even better than the english thing is the fact that is funny. We walked by this lady that was randomly yelling at this other guy "DON'T LOOK FOR ME EVER! NOT FOR ANYTHING! AHHH-NEEEEE-THIIIIING!!!!!" and after like 10 seconds I was like, "buuuut, if I find 50 dollars, and I want to give it to you... can I look for you then?" just joking between us, and then it happened. He laughed. Then he continued with the joke. My companion is my friend. finally. And he thinks pancakes are awesome. Double finally.
Basically this is just going to be the best transfer of my mission so far I think. A good companion, a white field to harvest, and I know what I am doing more or less now. I hope my mission stays this way forever.
But at the same time, if I get put with a turd furgeson next transfer again it will be cool with me because I realized in these last days that I have changed a lot in these last 3 months. Elder Silva says he remembers when I got here, and says I had a scary face. So I was like "cool..." and then he explained that now you can visibly see from pretty far away that I am happy and when I talk to people you can see that I love them like my bros. So that is cool. You guys probably won't see any difference, but I think something changed in me. At least I feel happier...?
But hey something happened in Japan? I didn't hear anything about it really. I just heard it was like 9 billion points on the richter scale, and I was like, "no wayyyyyyyyy..." and didnt hear anything else. But we are fine here. our only issue is our washing machine broke and we are pestering the office for a new one and we are washing our clothes by hand and stuff. So no worries.
Other than that nothing is up. Have a good week and be happy to be alive in a time like this. There is air to breathe and things to do and the Church is as true as it gets. Plus lots of funny stuff happens all the time. Like when people you know have horrible farts and they sleep right below you on a bunk bed. And also, I am realizing that if you try to defend and help people rather than tear them down in your mind, you see that the earth doesn't have very many people that aren't trying their best. Even if whatever they are doing is retarded and selfish. It is crazy and I never had noticed before. But yeah. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment