This is probably the only post that will be from THE Elder Christensen.

If you are reading this you probably know me and are close to me so I won't really describe myself...

But today is Sunday May 02, 2010. I get set apart tomorrow as a MISSIONARY for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints at 8:30 P.M. These last couple days have been a whirl-wind but I still have yet to fully grasp the concept of flying to Brazil Tuesday morning so I'm betting the coming days will just OWN me from the inside out as far as craziness goes. I am so excited to head off into the unknown, and am ready to tackle any challenge that comes my way. My mom and dad taught me right, and I am so thankful to you all of you that prepared me for getting this far. You all know who you are

Anyways the blog that follows will pretty much just be a post of Emails that are from me to my family and friends, and it will be a good way to see me progress through my mission first hand. Even if my emails aren't necessarily to you don't feel weird about reading them. I want as many people to share this experience with me as I can.

God be with all of you until we meet again. You'll need it while you don't have me to bestow my presence upon you. haha. I'll see you all in a couple years.

-Scott

Send Me A Letter, I Miss You.

Elder Michael Scott Christensen
Brazil São Paulo Interlagos Mission
R. Euzébio de Souza, 121
Jardim Londrina
05638-100 São Paulo - SP
Brazil

Apr 11, 2011

Embu Guaçu?‏

So I got transfered like I said last week, and I am in "the Interior" more or less. Basically I got transfered to this city called Embu Guaçu that is out in the boonies and it should be fun because there is this wierd correlation between being far away from São Paulo and the average level of education. Like in my last area it wasn't that uncommon to talk to people who can't read, and in this area it isn't that uncommon to find people who speak english. So, that is cool. Also looking out to the horizon, it is just jungle as far as the eye can see. It is super nice because the air is like 10 million times cleaner and the weather is a bit cooler, and it is just a life that is more laid back in general. Like in the favela you couldn't honestly say during any hour of day or night that you couldn't hear music, and here I can honestly say I am not hearing music and I am in a lan house in the city center. Huge difference.

But as far as the transfer is concerned it is pretty funny, my companion that I have right now is going home this weekend. He is finishing up his mission. So, I think I am going to get a record for the least time with a companion - about 12 days. He is from spokane too, so that is pretty funny. He is really funny and it is too bad that I wont pass more time than I will with him, but oh well, we'll send him out with a bang. I'll teach him how to do some funny stuff too (like blue darts) and we'll work like crazy to find some people to teach during the day. In my last area I had 5 people marked to be baptised before the end of the month, but being that this area is a bit more laid back (think about the difference between farms and a compton) we have no one as of right now. That is how it is though in the Interior, so we are just tearing it up and having fun.

The other day we were knocking on doors because we had nothing else to do, and we knocked the wholllllllle street and found a couple people that weren't really interested in hearing anything about God and a lot of people who weren't home, and then the last house we knocked the door like 4 times and decided no one was there. Just that here, we don't knock on the doors usually, we stand out front and clap because they have a psycho dog or a really tall gate or something. In this case it was a crazy dog that was sleeping by the door. So I see this bucket by the door that is laying down, and I put a rock on my foot and was like "hey, I am going to kick this rock into that bucket" to my companion, and the rock that I kicked went flying right dead center into the door. Like it couldn't have been further from the bucket and it was so freaking loud. So the dog wakes up and instantly decided it is going to bust a cap and has to decided who it is going to kill, and we got freaked out and were hoping no one is in the house because that would be super embarrassing, and then someone appeared in the door. So I just told him, "hey dude, sorry I was aiming for the bucket" and you could totally tell he was asleep. So I am thinking the dude is going to fight me, and he just calmly walks over rubbing his eyes, and is like, "next time you should use a ball instead of a rock... man, you are really red... you must be pretty embarrassed." So we laugh with him about how stupid I am for a bit, and then he is like "listen, I am reading that book of mormon you guys give to people. I am about haf way done with it. and I like it. a lot." What the heck. It was pretty cool. We are going to go to his house tonight. But when stuff like that happens I just feel retarded. I walk around like a little kid the whole day laughing and joking with people and somehow the stupid stuff that I do helps. So that is fun but also generally quite embarrassing.

Butttt the time is up. I love you all and I am going to go grill some meat with my district like MEN. Have fun this week and sorry my letter didn't make much sense, I am kinda sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment