This is probably the only post that will be from THE Elder Christensen.

If you are reading this you probably know me and are close to me so I won't really describe myself...

But today is Sunday May 02, 2010. I get set apart tomorrow as a MISSIONARY for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints at 8:30 P.M. These last couple days have been a whirl-wind but I still have yet to fully grasp the concept of flying to Brazil Tuesday morning so I'm betting the coming days will just OWN me from the inside out as far as craziness goes. I am so excited to head off into the unknown, and am ready to tackle any challenge that comes my way. My mom and dad taught me right, and I am so thankful to you all of you that prepared me for getting this far. You all know who you are

Anyways the blog that follows will pretty much just be a post of Emails that are from me to my family and friends, and it will be a good way to see me progress through my mission first hand. Even if my emails aren't necessarily to you don't feel weird about reading them. I want as many people to share this experience with me as I can.

God be with all of you until we meet again. You'll need it while you don't have me to bestow my presence upon you. haha. I'll see you all in a couple years.

-Scott

Send Me A Letter, I Miss You.

Elder Michael Scott Christensen
Brazil São Paulo Interlagos Mission
R. Euzébio de Souza, 121
Jardim Londrina
05638-100 São Paulo - SP
Brazil

May 16, 2011

mehr‏

so... hey. First of all it is good to hear that ballistic man pooped his pants in the hot tub and all over everywhere else, but sad to hear that he will no longer be available to train me after my mission. Luckily, I am pretty sure I can remember his routine from memory, so I'll just do my best to follow his ways.

I got all the pics of soren. Pretty epic. I liked the mustache one the most. 10 points for style.

Welp, what is new here in Embu Guaçu. We are having an interesting time finding people to teach, as no one is willing to read and/or pray. The people here are interesting because they think of themselves as intellectuals, but being that the average inteligente person has little to no biblical or spiritual knowledge (not saying that every one is that way, but the average person). So basically their arguments or reasons for not beleiving make no sense and they just talk in circles and end up telling you that they are basically atheist even though they go to church every sunday. Some people even tell you that the bible is pretty much a fairy tale which makes it difficult to get some kind of foundation with them to get them to test your words. Basically, people like that are frustrating because they think they know so much that they don't even need to pray about the stuff because they either already know what God is thinking even though they have never studied extensively anything he has ever said, or they know there is no God. sweet.

I feel bad sometimes for my trainee because we get rejected a fair amount and the people who accept us just accept us as friends and are usually kind of far from ever accepting the message. But, it is good for him to see now, and to see how you should try to react to those situations (and sometimes how you shouldn't), and to see how you can push the work along by having a ton of faith and praying for guidance. Then he'll be ready to go to a simpler area and tear it up. But for now we'll tear it up here.

In other news, I was looking through my cards and whatnot and I found my debit card which happens to be expired. So here is what I was thinking we should do, you should instead of mailing me money randomly and dangerously through the mail, renew my debit card and mail it over here before you activate it. That way when I am about to come home I can buy some cool brasilian stuff and bring it home for you guys. Also because I used all that cash that was sent buying cool DVDs and stuff in portuguese (like double dragon and thundercats) as legally as I can. Even though I haven't seen them yet, I know that was a good decision.

Today I will print off some epic photos and send them home sometime this week. I sent a mothers day card that should be getting there someday too. It is pretty funny so get excited. Other than that there is not much going on. Just grinding along and praying for the people to be curious/humble enough to want to know what God's will for them is. It is frustrating sometimes to give people the greatest opportunity to be happy ever and explain it to them with every ounce of conviction that you have, promising them that God will respond to their prayers, and then have them just toss it aside and never try to see if we were telling the truth. But then every once in a while you find someone willing to try and it is super rewarding. And in the mean time you keep yourself happy by living in a good way and knowing you are doing all you can, and of course having fun when you get time.

Lately we have been having tons of cockroaches in our house and so our recreational activity has been killing them and then lighting them on fire because they always come back to life. Also I learned how to make a rocket out of some cleaning alcohol and a 2 liter bottle, so that is a good time. But mostly we just work our brains out for others and we don't need much else to be happy. It is the good life.

Welp, have a good week. I love you all a ton. There are only about 50 left until I get home, so use your time wisely because soon everyone will have to make me sandwiches and let me sleep on the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment