This is probably the only post that will be from THE Elder Christensen.

If you are reading this you probably know me and are close to me so I won't really describe myself...

But today is Sunday May 02, 2010. I get set apart tomorrow as a MISSIONARY for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints at 8:30 P.M. These last couple days have been a whirl-wind but I still have yet to fully grasp the concept of flying to Brazil Tuesday morning so I'm betting the coming days will just OWN me from the inside out as far as craziness goes. I am so excited to head off into the unknown, and am ready to tackle any challenge that comes my way. My mom and dad taught me right, and I am so thankful to you all of you that prepared me for getting this far. You all know who you are

Anyways the blog that follows will pretty much just be a post of Emails that are from me to my family and friends, and it will be a good way to see me progress through my mission first hand. Even if my emails aren't necessarily to you don't feel weird about reading them. I want as many people to share this experience with me as I can.

God be with all of you until we meet again. You'll need it while you don't have me to bestow my presence upon you. haha. I'll see you all in a couple years.

-Scott

Send Me A Letter, I Miss You.

Elder Michael Scott Christensen
Brazil São Paulo Interlagos Mission
R. Euzébio de Souza, 121
Jardim Londrina
05638-100 São Paulo - SP
Brazil

May 2, 2011

SKYPE IS GOOD TO GO‏

So, this last friday I heard directly from the lips of our mission president that we can use skype with video to call home on mothers day. That was pretty exciting, so I got it organized and found a member who will let us use his coorperate office at his fiberglass factory that happens to be next door to our house to call on sunday. So long story short, you need to email me your skype name so that I can search you guys and we will probably try to call at 4:00pm our time which I think would be 10 or 11 your time. SO yeah... do that for me and email it before wednesday because wednesday I got authorization to get it working and I'll get it all set up and confirm the time I will call you guys on skype. So yeah, send that information. 1) if that time is good 2) your skype user name.

Secondly my comp is super fun. Sometimes I see he is kinda tired and I remember being like that at one point. The other day I was like, "Today is going to be a good day because I woke up amped today" and he responded, "you wake up amped everyday." In my head I just thought, "yeahhhhhhh..." and kinda nodded looking off into the distance and grinning like frankenstein. But I remember how it was. Not understanding anything and just following your companion around useless. It'll pass though and he'llbe an epic missionary because he is a super sincere kid and wants to do what is right.

Funny stories we don't really have this week. I like the people here, they are super nice. There are a few returned missionaries that are pretty much excited to do just about whatever with us. One is named Ronaldo and he makes a meannnn hamburger I hear but we still haven't eaten it. I just know that he takes us everywhere in his car and gets more excited to teach the lessons than we do sometimes so it is great working with people like him. He is starting to lift weights with some dudes from the church here and is totally owned. And there are a few other random people like him that just help us a ton. This ward has huge potential, we just need to get some direction and work together.

Another thing I am noticing is that there are A TON of what we call "snakes" here. "Snakes" are girls that try to go after you and they got that name because of this annoying hissing noise they do to call you over as you walk down the street. They are everywhere. Right as I type there are two to my left. It seems like they appear in every lesson, or every single time we go buy something to eat, or anywhere else. At this lan house there is one that won't give us our username and password to logon so that she can "help" us everytime we come. Today I was like, "being that this software is written in english, I am pretty sure there is no way you can help us..." and she was like, "Just let me do it in case you have a question." Soooo... yeah. what the heck. I am pretty sure the girl next to me farted and it reeks.

Anyways the lady we are teaching right now the most is really nice and cool. She is the mother of a recent convert that lives in our area but that was baptized by another mission (happens a lot here). But she is like 55 years old and used to be a teacher and and accepts anything we say. It is actually hard to get her to ask God about what we teach her and that frightens me. But she is praying and asking and feeling better and better all the time about her decision to be baptised and not just because I told her to, so that is good. She too happens to have a snake in her house. It is this 21 year old english professor japanese chick that lives there and just happens to be her daughter. She asked me to come over when she's alone so we could get to know each other better in portuguese because she knew my comp wouldn't understand, so we talk to her as little as possible and just invite to hear our lessons about the gospel. Basically I would say that has been the most annoying thing of late. I think 2 americans together is a really bad idea, because I am pretty sure that is why the girls are going crazy. Something about white skin and oddly colored hair drives them nuts. And then they waste our time lying to us about the fact that they didn't read or pray or do anything, just so we'll come back later. So yeah, pray for that to stop please.

But I love you all, and I am thankful for the fact that we'll talk FACE TO FACE sunday. Make sure to email me that stuff. k, bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment