This is probably the only post that will be from THE Elder Christensen.

If you are reading this you probably know me and are close to me so I won't really describe myself...

But today is Sunday May 02, 2010. I get set apart tomorrow as a MISSIONARY for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints at 8:30 P.M. These last couple days have been a whirl-wind but I still have yet to fully grasp the concept of flying to Brazil Tuesday morning so I'm betting the coming days will just OWN me from the inside out as far as craziness goes. I am so excited to head off into the unknown, and am ready to tackle any challenge that comes my way. My mom and dad taught me right, and I am so thankful to you all of you that prepared me for getting this far. You all know who you are

Anyways the blog that follows will pretty much just be a post of Emails that are from me to my family and friends, and it will be a good way to see me progress through my mission first hand. Even if my emails aren't necessarily to you don't feel weird about reading them. I want as many people to share this experience with me as I can.

God be with all of you until we meet again. You'll need it while you don't have me to bestow my presence upon you. haha. I'll see you all in a couple years.

-Scott

Send Me A Letter, I Miss You.

Elder Michael Scott Christensen
Brazil São Paulo Interlagos Mission
R. Euzébio de Souza, 121
Jardim Londrina
05638-100 São Paulo - SP
Brazil

Sep 12, 2011

Baaaawwwwwwllllllin'

So hey. This week flew by and I am pretty tired, but letttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt's crank out an email.

This week a bunch of cool stuff started happening. I just kinda realized that a lot of times I don't ask for some desires of my heart in my prayers, and there was no reason that I wasn't asking, so I started asking. For instance, I asked Heavenly Father to help us find people that really want commitments with Christ and just don't know where to find them, and then we went to go send email today and as we walked down the street we ran into a member of the church that was in the middle of asking his neighboor to hear our lessons right that instant and we marked a day with her. Then our phone rang immedeatly after and it was a member asking us to run over to her house because it was an emergency and it ended up being that she just got the feeling that she needed to talk to her cousin and needed a book of mormon and a pamphlet about the restoration of the gospel. And just a few days ago this lady called us and asked us to come over because she saw a card thingy from the church on the bus and felt something telling her that she needed to call that number. The list goes on, but the moral of the story is that prayers are cool. Sometimes that boggles my mind, and I don't really understand how he does it, but we see all the time that God hears our prayers. And the crazy part is that he answers them. Like, think of how busy he must be... my head just exploded.

Other than that we've just been working really hard. I have been working pretty closely with an Elder who is so funny. We talk on the phone everyday about life/work (not gay), and it is so refreshing to have someone that is not only funny, but is proactive in their work and does stuff without you asking them to do it. That reminds me of a time when dad asked me to mow the lawn and I mad up a lame excuse and put it off for a week because of laziness. And by "a time" i meant "a million times".

Everyone continues to love us. My birthday week was nuts because we ate so much. Soooooooo Muuuuuuch CAKKKKKEEEEE.

Also I keep having crazy dreams. Either I don't dream and it seems like I just shut my eyes and then pretty much immedeatly open them two seconds later and 8 hours has passed, or I have these crazy dreams that are all mixed up. I might start writing them down and send a "top 5 best dreams" list to you guys in a couple of weeks.

We had a pretty interesting lesson at church about the law of chastity, where the men here decided that a good way to teach your kids to avoid homosexual behavior is to point out gay people to them and say "son, that there, that is... weird." I can't wait to see the results of their super effective teaching efforts here in 10 years.

SOREN IS CRAWLING. sorry my caps lock got stuck on. soren is crawling. now just get him a pilot's liscence and a stephen hawking wheelchair and he'll be ready to go. I don't know what he'll be ready to go do, but it'll be... meh I am tired.

ANYWHO

I love you all and I hope you have a good week.

BYE




 

No comments:

Post a Comment