This is probably the only post that will be from THE Elder Christensen.

If you are reading this you probably know me and are close to me so I won't really describe myself...

But today is Sunday May 02, 2010. I get set apart tomorrow as a MISSIONARY for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints at 8:30 P.M. These last couple days have been a whirl-wind but I still have yet to fully grasp the concept of flying to Brazil Tuesday morning so I'm betting the coming days will just OWN me from the inside out as far as craziness goes. I am so excited to head off into the unknown, and am ready to tackle any challenge that comes my way. My mom and dad taught me right, and I am so thankful to you all of you that prepared me for getting this far. You all know who you are

Anyways the blog that follows will pretty much just be a post of Emails that are from me to my family and friends, and it will be a good way to see me progress through my mission first hand. Even if my emails aren't necessarily to you don't feel weird about reading them. I want as many people to share this experience with me as I can.

God be with all of you until we meet again. You'll need it while you don't have me to bestow my presence upon you. haha. I'll see you all in a couple years.

-Scott

Send Me A Letter, I Miss You.

Elder Michael Scott Christensen
Brazil São Paulo Interlagos Mission
R. Euzébio de Souza, 121
Jardim Londrina
05638-100 São Paulo - SP
Brazil

Nov 21, 2011

blah blah blah‏

I feel like I have written a millionthousandgagillion letters about nothing recently. Sometimes I try to just talk about gospel topics with the hopes that one of my friends who reads my blog will just randomly decide to follow Christ and be happy, but my desire to write letters is rapidly declining. You guys are lucky that email exists, because if it didn't I'd probably write you guys like 3 times in the next 6 months... BUT that does not mean that I don't love doing what I do. I just think that there isn't much that I haven't described yet. Brazil is still brazil and the mission is still the mission.

One cool thing that happened this week was to see all of our recent converts and soon to be converts being loved by the old members. This ward is really good about that. The lady we baptised like 2 weeks ago looks like she has been going to church for a million years and is visibly happier all the time. Also last week these random people just showed up at church and then decided to get baptised this saturday after praying and thinking about it. So yeah. We'll have helped 5 people get baptised in one month's time and all of them were just friends of members of the church who liked the church a lot after they made a visit. Like with these two that will happen this weekend we just kind of went over to their house afte church and they asked us how they could be baptised and after we explained it they decided to. We really did pretty much nothing, but that is how it should work anyways. It is too bad that it can't always happen like that becuase it helps you relax a bit and not stress about what you can do to help them that much.

But other than that we (me and my comp) might make a christmas card today. It should be pretty cool. I don't know what it will look like yet, but we'll send you one.

I am happy.

It is getting hot again.

OH, something important. I don't know if you guys will send me a Christmas package, but if you do send me a nettipot. My allergies are going crazy, and I am needing some sinus rinseage. And maybe some generic allergy medicine. They were going crazy because of my blankets that I sleep with. They are these horrible dirty itchy wool blankets, but I washed them today and they are drying on the line outside of our house so hopefully that will help... I can't wait to use a dryer again one day.

We have a family of 4 that we are teaching that went to church together this week, and to get baptised they need to get married so they can keep the commandments and what not, and the dad was all about it. He was like "we should have gotten married a million years ago, but we didn't, so let's do it RIGHT NOW!!!" and the wife got all freaked out. It seems like she is afraid of marrying him. They have been living together for about 18 years without any marital problems. I don't get that at all, but I am assuming that it has something to do with the brasilian wives tales that say crazy stuff about being a pagan and being married and pregnant women. They believe that if you aren't baptised then a hairy monster comes and eats you. That helps us out sometimes to be honest. But they also believe that if you get married your whole life will go bad. That is frustrating. They also believe that if a pregnant woman asks you for something and you don't give it to her your eye will swell up (I call that pink eye). That is hilarious.

BUT ANYWAYS

I love you all. I made the back cover of my planner a picture of mom and dad and dad is saying "call your mom" in portuguese. Ima call yalls in skype here in about a month.

SAID (translation of a slang term for "see you later" here)



No comments:

Post a Comment