This is probably the only post that will be from THE Elder Christensen.

If you are reading this you probably know me and are close to me so I won't really describe myself...

But today is Sunday May 02, 2010. I get set apart tomorrow as a MISSIONARY for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints at 8:30 P.M. These last couple days have been a whirl-wind but I still have yet to fully grasp the concept of flying to Brazil Tuesday morning so I'm betting the coming days will just OWN me from the inside out as far as craziness goes. I am so excited to head off into the unknown, and am ready to tackle any challenge that comes my way. My mom and dad taught me right, and I am so thankful to you all of you that prepared me for getting this far. You all know who you are

Anyways the blog that follows will pretty much just be a post of Emails that are from me to my family and friends, and it will be a good way to see me progress through my mission first hand. Even if my emails aren't necessarily to you don't feel weird about reading them. I want as many people to share this experience with me as I can.

God be with all of you until we meet again. You'll need it while you don't have me to bestow my presence upon you. haha. I'll see you all in a couple years.

-Scott

Send Me A Letter, I Miss You.

Elder Michael Scott Christensen
Brazil São Paulo Interlagos Mission
R. Euzébio de Souza, 121
Jardim Londrina
05638-100 São Paulo - SP
Brazil

Feb 6, 2012

meow

well, 2 more transfers. Things are going a lot better. We have 6 way good investigators that are loving building a relationship with Christ. Heck, I'm liking too. It is like that part in D&C 50 that says when you teach by the spirit and the people you teach let the spirit teach them, everyone rejoices.
 
In great contrast to those people we had this lady freak out on us and say mean things to us for like an hour and a half. I still don't understand why, but I think she was just tired or something. We just decided that arguing with her wouldn't help her or us feel any better, so we just took it silently. I don't know if you guys can imagine me being quite while someone just goes on and on saying agressive stuff (becuase I know I can't) but I totally did. Then we just asked her husband to say a prayer, I told her that when she wants our help that she doesn't have to feel ebarassed about asking for it because we forgive her, and we left. It was weird and I didn't like it, but at least we didn't freak out or anything. A few months ago I would have punched her in the face or something, but I think I am too tired to move my arms now. HA.
 
I don't know if you guys remember or not, but I have said a million times that I don't remember really who I am or what I like and I feel like I have no personal desires. Well last night the veil thinned quite a bit and I can remember for the first time in over a year what I like. It feels awesome because I remember what I like to do if I were to have free time, but now te whole mission/gospel thing is definitely in first place. I think our father in heaven just like made me forget so I could learn some stuff and he decided that I am ready to remember now. So if I were to describe myself from the perspective I got last night it would be like this:
 
I really enjoy being rebelious in the sense of breaking the mold of trends and such (fat albert sweatshirt?) and I like tons of weird stuff like ferret documentaries and weird indy films, and I really enjoy stuff where I can get out and feel way free (dirtbiking/snowboarding) but I have zero desire to do anything against God's will. I have no desire to do anything bad like breaking commandments or anything. I just like weird stuff. But now on top of that I like being organized and responsible and trying to better myself and draw closer and closer to God and all that jazz.
 
It is an amazingly relieving feeling to know that I have normal desires to do something besides read the scriptures, and that all of those desires are totally in control and fit into a good lifestyle that a disciple would have. I was getting terrified of going home and throwing out everything I had learned on the mission, or going home and having zero friends. It is good to know that I am not going to do either of those things (maybe the zero friends thing...?).
 
But yeah. that is what I realized this week. We are working hard. It is weird because the baptisms we are marking and prepping right now are for march. Like we've already got one for the end of march of this couple, then comes april, then home...
 
I love you all. See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment