This is probably the only post that will be from THE Elder Christensen.

If you are reading this you probably know me and are close to me so I won't really describe myself...

But today is Sunday May 02, 2010. I get set apart tomorrow as a MISSIONARY for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints at 8:30 P.M. These last couple days have been a whirl-wind but I still have yet to fully grasp the concept of flying to Brazil Tuesday morning so I'm betting the coming days will just OWN me from the inside out as far as craziness goes. I am so excited to head off into the unknown, and am ready to tackle any challenge that comes my way. My mom and dad taught me right, and I am so thankful to you all of you that prepared me for getting this far. You all know who you are

Anyways the blog that follows will pretty much just be a post of Emails that are from me to my family and friends, and it will be a good way to see me progress through my mission first hand. Even if my emails aren't necessarily to you don't feel weird about reading them. I want as many people to share this experience with me as I can.

God be with all of you until we meet again. You'll need it while you don't have me to bestow my presence upon you. haha. I'll see you all in a couple years.

-Scott

Send Me A Letter, I Miss You.

Elder Michael Scott Christensen
Brazil São Paulo Interlagos Mission
R. Euzébio de Souza, 121
Jardim Londrina
05638-100 São Paulo - SP
Brazil

Apr 2, 2012

Welppp‏

So there is just a few weeks left for me to be a full time missionary. I think I am running into right now what president Eyring described in his talk saturday morning when he said that he in faith asked for a taller mountain to climb. This "mountain" is one that I can't even really see the top of being that it the toughest situation that I've seen my whole mission, and that leaves you a little uneasy when you've got such little time, but I am sure it will be a good experience for me if I just roll up my sleeves and do what he suggested that we do in such situations.

So you already put me on the talk list huh? When do I get to know what the subject will be?

Everyone keeps asking me if I am excited to be headed home, and I don't tell anyone this, but to be totally honest I feel kind of sick when I think about that. I feel an uneasy feeling that is like someone telling me, "don't even think about it buddy, you aren't even close to being done yet." These last 2 weeks have honestly been by far the toughest of my whole mission. Everything in our area totally fell apart, plus my companion really was not very excited about staying with me for one more transfer. And who can blame him, right? I mean, for someone that always was an only child and lived by himself doing whatever he wants, having to stay with some other dude 24 hours a day for 4 straight months with no breaks wouldn't be such a fun idea. Especially when that other dude is from another culture and makes you get out of bed every day at 6:30 and works you hard all day until 10:30 at night. So he's been having a tough time, and has been lashing out pretty regularly. It's cool though, I just think back to what mom and dad used to do when I would freak out and that helps me quite a bit. I can't say it has just been a blast, but I also can't really complain. We pretty much resolved all of the problems and it was a pretty big learning experience being that it revealed a ton of faults that I have to me. So the mountain is being a valuable thing just like it should be.

In other news I think that they should be sending my flight plan home sooner or later if you haven't already gotten it.

If I don't have any shoes at home, do me a favor and pick me up some before I get there. Just get something comfortable and preferably slip on. Lick some vans or some penny loafers. My shoes have a 50 piece sized whole in bottom that is temporarily being held shut with duct tape.

but that is all. I love you all and am excited to see you guys as soon as I finish my work out here. It is this month. PREPARE YOURSELVES.



No comments:

Post a Comment