This is probably the only post that will be from THE Elder Christensen.

If you are reading this you probably know me and are close to me so I won't really describe myself...

But today is Sunday May 02, 2010. I get set apart tomorrow as a MISSIONARY for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints at 8:30 P.M. These last couple days have been a whirl-wind but I still have yet to fully grasp the concept of flying to Brazil Tuesday morning so I'm betting the coming days will just OWN me from the inside out as far as craziness goes. I am so excited to head off into the unknown, and am ready to tackle any challenge that comes my way. My mom and dad taught me right, and I am so thankful to you all of you that prepared me for getting this far. You all know who you are

Anyways the blog that follows will pretty much just be a post of Emails that are from me to my family and friends, and it will be a good way to see me progress through my mission first hand. Even if my emails aren't necessarily to you don't feel weird about reading them. I want as many people to share this experience with me as I can.

God be with all of you until we meet again. You'll need it while you don't have me to bestow my presence upon you. haha. I'll see you all in a couple years.

-Scott

Send Me A Letter, I Miss You.

Elder Michael Scott Christensen
Brazil São Paulo Interlagos Mission
R. Euzébio de Souza, 121
Jardim Londrina
05638-100 São Paulo - SP
Brazil

Nov 15, 2010

Week one of transfer 2‏

So I got transfered. It´s awesome, I got moved in to what is argueably the better area in our mission to work. The people here are hilarious and super receptive. Good combo. My area is called Vila Andrade (VEE-lah an-DRAH-gee) and it´s got the second biggest favela in São Paulo, Paraisópolis. There are about 150,000 people in the favela alone, so we´ve got some doors to knock. But it´s pretty thuggin´. The favela is like a living moving creature that never sleeps or stops playing music. And what is better, is that my companion is one of my brasilian roommates from the MTC. Elder J. Silva. So I´ve got 6 months and he´s got 4 and a half. Woohoo for newbs.

But this week was great... until last night. I had this crazy dream that every time I tried to talk to someone, I got super sick. Then I woke up super sick. So I went and threw up quite a bit, and felt better, and went back to bed. Little did I know that I would throw up every 20 minutes for the next 5 hours. I ended up puking 16 times in total, and just gave up with eating and drinking and sleeping. So today I´m feeling pretty interesting, given that I don´t have a drop of water in my body or food for that matter. And to make matters better it´s super hot and in my state of confusion I put on a long sleeve shirt. Luckily I´m not physically capable of sweating...? But after vomit number 16 I passed out on a couch and my companion did my laundry and cleaned the house while I was sleeping, so that was nice.

My companion is hilarious. And super animated, AND intelligent. No offense to my last companion, but he was none of those and I was dying inside. But he´s from Recife, and the accent there is more or less like french. He liked dad´s mustache, and blah blah blah. Sorry it´s hard for me to think right now. So I think I´ll just end this email and pretend I feel good or something. Lovesss

No comments:

Post a Comment