This is probably the only post that will be from THE Elder Christensen.

If you are reading this you probably know me and are close to me so I won't really describe myself...

But today is Sunday May 02, 2010. I get set apart tomorrow as a MISSIONARY for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints at 8:30 P.M. These last couple days have been a whirl-wind but I still have yet to fully grasp the concept of flying to Brazil Tuesday morning so I'm betting the coming days will just OWN me from the inside out as far as craziness goes. I am so excited to head off into the unknown, and am ready to tackle any challenge that comes my way. My mom and dad taught me right, and I am so thankful to you all of you that prepared me for getting this far. You all know who you are

Anyways the blog that follows will pretty much just be a post of Emails that are from me to my family and friends, and it will be a good way to see me progress through my mission first hand. Even if my emails aren't necessarily to you don't feel weird about reading them. I want as many people to share this experience with me as I can.

God be with all of you until we meet again. You'll need it while you don't have me to bestow my presence upon you. haha. I'll see you all in a couple years.

-Scott

Send Me A Letter, I Miss You.

Elder Michael Scott Christensen
Brazil São Paulo Interlagos Mission
R. Euzébio de Souza, 121
Jardim Londrina
05638-100 São Paulo - SP
Brazil

Feb 21, 2011

hey famialree‏

So this week was unusual for a whole bunch of reasons and hilarious for the same reasons. A whole bunch of things that don't happen to a normal person in their entire life happened and all were really funny to me.

But to start I will comment on the emails I recieved this week. In general I think I can respond in three short phrases.

1) yay for the baby soren
2) sounds like no one and nothing has changed that much (i.e. spider madness)
3) Brasil is freaking nuts, but at least there are tons of missionaries here

yep, that about sums is up. I sincerely thank the fam for not having forgotten me yet. Woo for dedication. 14 months to go.

So moving on to the crazy stuff I will start by talking about a scientific experiment I did. By scientific experiment, I mean I wrote down the names that make no sense to me that I heard. Names of real people. It blows my mind to hear sometimes what people will name their children. The top 5 winners on the crazy name list after 1 week were:

1) "Old (man)". Seriously that was his given name. Velho. It means old but sometimes it can mean old man and is generally derrogative in that sense.
2) "Lonely". I don't even know how to explain that one. a real given name of a single mom we found. Ironic? No. Her mother doomed her.
3) "Teburculosis". I don't really remember how to spell that, but it is supposed the sickness. Her mom thought it was a pretty word...?
4) "Welcome". That situation was a little weird. I got there and was like, "hey brotha, what is your name?" and he was like "welcome." Being that some people don't understand me that well I thought he misunderstood, but upon further investigation we figured out it is actually his name. Awkward...
5) "Doo Doo". I just thought that one was funny. There is not a translation, but his name is doo doo. I just loving calling him doo doo.

So yeah, after a lengthy double blind clinical trial, the results of the experiment showed that some people are crazy. I don't know if they purposefully gave horrible names to their kids or what, further investigation is needed. It is also of interest to note that 99% of the population are named mary, john, or joseph. meh.

In other news, I think I may have gained super powers. A lonnnnnnnnng time ago I watched this movie where this guy got the electric chair but ended up becoming a super villan with power over electricity. Well, the same thing happened to me. I was in this scungy alley way like always and, being that I am incredibly lazy, reached up to grab a clothesline so I could hang on it and get right in between sleep and conciousness. But upon grabbing the line I realized it was actually a small home built power line going to a house that was mostly exposed metal. So that woke me up pretty good, and we went on to teach a lesson in another house. A bit later when we were leaving the lesson I felt this pinch on my ear and totally lost my vision. White white white. all I was seeing was white, and my ear was getting pinched really hard by something. Really annoying to say the least. Luckily in the same instant something made me double over and everything went back to normal, and I looked up to see what the heck happened and it was the same stupid line. My brain has officially been electricuted. Needless to say, I am 10 times smarter and I now have abilities similar to that old guy from star wars. If I point all my fingers at someone and hiss really loud, my eyes turn red and lightning shoots out of my hands. Cool, I know. I'll have to show you guys sometime.

really that was it. "TONS OF CRAZY EXPERIENCES" didn't happen like I had said earlier, but I did get electricuted a couple times and now I am the infamous "penguin of lightning".

But given that I have already made 2 lists, lets make another one of other random things. Here goes:

1) Daylight savings saving happened on saturday and I got 1 more hour of sleep (YAH!)
2) My watch is held to my arm with duct tape (DOUBLE YAH!)
3) I found out that that part in the spongebob movie where he yells something random about that stupid peanut right before he plays the guitar and patrick shows up with woman legs is hilarious in portuguese and I yell it randomly throughout the day. My companion randomly yelled it once and I stole it from him. "Bobo Bobo Amendo-bobo YEAH!"

And that is about it. I love y'alls and I hope you all have a good week. Tell the guys in our ward that don't want to serve missions that they are missing out, and that no matter where they serve their life will be infinitely more meaningful than it is now while they are playing video games and being selfish. The mission is the easiet place to know that 100% of what you do is what you are supposed to be doing, which is honestly what the scriptures / human heart calls true happiness. Other than that, always remember to keep it classy.

Babe, no babe, baaaaabe, no, babe.

babe.

no.

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabe.

No comments:

Post a Comment