This is probably the only post that will be from THE Elder Christensen.

If you are reading this you probably know me and are close to me so I won't really describe myself...

But today is Sunday May 02, 2010. I get set apart tomorrow as a MISSIONARY for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints at 8:30 P.M. These last couple days have been a whirl-wind but I still have yet to fully grasp the concept of flying to Brazil Tuesday morning so I'm betting the coming days will just OWN me from the inside out as far as craziness goes. I am so excited to head off into the unknown, and am ready to tackle any challenge that comes my way. My mom and dad taught me right, and I am so thankful to you all of you that prepared me for getting this far. You all know who you are

Anyways the blog that follows will pretty much just be a post of Emails that are from me to my family and friends, and it will be a good way to see me progress through my mission first hand. Even if my emails aren't necessarily to you don't feel weird about reading them. I want as many people to share this experience with me as I can.

God be with all of you until we meet again. You'll need it while you don't have me to bestow my presence upon you. haha. I'll see you all in a couple years.

-Scott

Send Me A Letter, I Miss You.

Elder Michael Scott Christensen
Brazil São Paulo Interlagos Mission
R. Euzébio de Souza, 121
Jardim Londrina
05638-100 São Paulo - SP
Brazil

Feb 28, 2011

meowwwwwwww

Hey hoh famiree.

Before I forget I have to tell what happened yesterday. It was a less productive day than normal but had been an incredible week so it was all good even though no one was home and it was raining really hard and no one wanted to listen to us and I was soaked. I seriously was still feeling happy. BUT this crazy white dude with a japanese accent appeared EVERYWHERE all freaking day. And what is funny about this is he knows how to speak english and has this crazy accent in english and every time he appeared he was like "oohhh are you guys having fun? walking all the time?" or "Heyyy are you guys having fun? Being wet in the rain?" or "Ohhhh are you guys having fun? no one is being home?" Literally everytime something bad happened he appeared and asked that same question. It made my day so much better. I don't know if it was his accent or his timing that was funnier, but I felt way happier. Also I am suspicious that someone is filming me because it was abnormally hilarious. And just when we were going home, we just got rejected by this dude in the street, a car driving by stopped and the window rolled down and instantly he appeared and was like "ohhh are you guys having fun? No one is talking with you? walking all the times?" One of the funnier things that has happened here. Super random and way funnier than fiction.

and woo, soren is borneded. That is a good time I imagine. I am going to come home and teach him all the things that little kids in our family should know. How to fart arms, how to burp on command, how to be a momma's boy, how to take naps, etc. etc. Thankfully we have me in the family, because I have been diligent enough to master all of these traits in the last 20 years. I am trying to practice them as much as time permits here on the mission, so don't worry, I'm still the master. He looks like he will fit in well in the Christensen Clan in the pictures. Especially with the help of Uncle Scott. Man... to be a perfect uncle scott in need to get fatter and and grow a handlebar mustache and a mullet when I get home. I've got a lot to do.

But hey, it is good and all to get pictures of Soren, but what would be even cooler would be if I got pictures of me. I am not kidding at all. haha. But seriously no one is capable of imagining me with a mohawk or the fact that my face is painted all over my car. If I am not mistaken the last yearbook I got from school has a picture of one of my mohawks if you can't find another one, and the car is still existant more or less so if you can't find an original picture of the artwork just take a new one. So yeah, send those if you can.

And besides that.... that is it. I think I will be transfered this time around based on my intel from the mission office. Being that I am pretty close to the office, I got to be pretty chummy with the secretaries which is a HUGE advantage in never being low on supplies or funny stories from the mission. They know everything. So yeah, one more week here. not that much time in the end and I will be in my 3rd area before hitting the year mark.

and that is the other thing that is sneaking up on me. meh. Time goes by fast and it seems to just accelerate. That sucks. But at least I still have a ton of time left. One of the friends I made here is going home next week. sad bears. And no new americans are arriving. Double sad bears.

Oh but hey, I was at lunch the other day from someone from the east side of são paulo and he knows elder quigley from our ward so that was weird. He is from the area where he got trained/transfered in 4 weeks so he doesn´t know him THAT well. But it still just shows that we live in a small world. EVERYONE KNOWS EVERYONE. INCLUDING CRAZY "OHHH ARE YOU HAVING FUN" GUY.

and also poop. My companion is sure that mom is my older sister from the pics, so congrats to mom. Other than that I love you all and have a good week. Not much happened this week so sorries. latersssssss

No comments:

Post a Comment