This is probably the only post that will be from THE Elder Christensen.

If you are reading this you probably know me and are close to me so I won't really describe myself...

But today is Sunday May 02, 2010. I get set apart tomorrow as a MISSIONARY for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints at 8:30 P.M. These last couple days have been a whirl-wind but I still have yet to fully grasp the concept of flying to Brazil Tuesday morning so I'm betting the coming days will just OWN me from the inside out as far as craziness goes. I am so excited to head off into the unknown, and am ready to tackle any challenge that comes my way. My mom and dad taught me right, and I am so thankful to you all of you that prepared me for getting this far. You all know who you are

Anyways the blog that follows will pretty much just be a post of Emails that are from me to my family and friends, and it will be a good way to see me progress through my mission first hand. Even if my emails aren't necessarily to you don't feel weird about reading them. I want as many people to share this experience with me as I can.

God be with all of you until we meet again. You'll need it while you don't have me to bestow my presence upon you. haha. I'll see you all in a couple years.

-Scott

Send Me A Letter, I Miss You.

Elder Michael Scott Christensen
Brazil São Paulo Interlagos Mission
R. Euzébio de Souza, 121
Jardim Londrina
05638-100 São Paulo - SP
Brazil

May 30, 2011

woohoo

So on tuesday we did a trade for a day with another pair of missionaries and that night I was with this hilarious fat american elder from indonesia because his dad works for a gas company (that was cool because my roommate at college, Ian Christensen, is from beijing and is family friends with this elder). So anyways, we get a pizza at night and we are trading stories and then we go to sleep, and next thing I know I am freezing and super nausiated. I looked over at him and he was sleeping with no sheets or anything, so I knew it wasn' actually cold and I just had a fever and that started what turned out to be 2 days of vomiting fun. I actually only threw up like 5 seperate times, but the locations were unusual. One time I threw up RIGHT after a lesson on the side of the street and another time I couldn't even think during the lesson because my fever was pretty bad so I asked to go wash my face in their bathroom and puked so I could have a half an hour of clear thinking and teach something that would make some sense. So it sounds like it was just a good time of sickness for everyone. I have to admit, appendecitissdfaslkçdjfsdlkfj sounds a lot worse, so brandon wins.




That is pretty much it though. I decided the second day that maybe I should try to get better, so I didn't set my alarm to get up and I was just going to try to sleep it off, but then when I woke up 25 minutes late I felt like a lazy turd ball, so we just went out to work anyways after lunch. It got pretty funny because I couldn't keep anything down, so in the end in two days I had only eaten a slice of bread and about 1/4 cup of rice which I mostly threw up anyways. It made me feel pretty week, but by thursday I was fine and I ate a lot to make up for it.



Buuuuut then on sunday we THE GROSSEST herb salad I have ever eaten. It was SUPER bitter. It was this hard core bitter stuff called Haomarão or something like that, and that word is super similar to the word for shrimp which is Camarão, so I thought he was saying we would have some kind of shrimp salad, and I was excited. BUT NO. It was litterally the worst thing I have ever eaten in my entire life. It tasted kind of like a bar of strong soap. Gross.



Other than that, the week was good. It looks like me and my companion will stay together, and I will probably stay here in this area for a long time by the way things are looking. That is cool though. I will get to know the people super good again.



The other thing that was funny is that I think I just had the equivalant of a "mid-life crisis" the other day. I realized that I have less months left that I have spent here. It seems like literally just a couple weeks ago that I would joke with the older guys on the mission and point at airplanes and be like "I have 21 more months! you've only got 2!!!" and they would get all sad. Sooner or later that will be me...



But enough with that. Go kelsey for graduating. That is exciting. Congrats for not being lame enough to be a super senior. Now all you have to do is relax and go to college. It's 30 times harder but you can sleep WHENEVER YOU WANT (I took a nap everyday at around 2:30 and Todd can testify of that). The only drawback is the lack of cat companionship. Go tear it up and get tons of attractive friends and then organize them into an alphabetical list the rates them with numbers on coolness, intelligence, etc. That will come in handy someday.



Oh and thanks Rach for sending the pics. I'll put all of mine on a disc and send them to you guys. I have like 550 or so. I just need a free P-day to do it and it looks like once again this week won't work out because I live so far away from everything. But we'll see if I can't weasel it in there somewhere.



I've got to go. I love you all. Stay classy and thank yourself that you live in a country with climate controlled houses. when it gets down to like 50 degrees at night it sucks if you live in a cinderblock cave. latersssssssss

No comments:

Post a Comment