This is probably the only post that will be from THE Elder Christensen.

If you are reading this you probably know me and are close to me so I won't really describe myself...

But today is Sunday May 02, 2010. I get set apart tomorrow as a MISSIONARY for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints at 8:30 P.M. These last couple days have been a whirl-wind but I still have yet to fully grasp the concept of flying to Brazil Tuesday morning so I'm betting the coming days will just OWN me from the inside out as far as craziness goes. I am so excited to head off into the unknown, and am ready to tackle any challenge that comes my way. My mom and dad taught me right, and I am so thankful to you all of you that prepared me for getting this far. You all know who you are

Anyways the blog that follows will pretty much just be a post of Emails that are from me to my family and friends, and it will be a good way to see me progress through my mission first hand. Even if my emails aren't necessarily to you don't feel weird about reading them. I want as many people to share this experience with me as I can.

God be with all of you until we meet again. You'll need it while you don't have me to bestow my presence upon you. haha. I'll see you all in a couple years.

-Scott

Send Me A Letter, I Miss You.

Elder Michael Scott Christensen
Brazil São Paulo Interlagos Mission
R. Euzébio de Souza, 121
Jardim Londrina
05638-100 São Paulo - SP
Brazil

Jun 27, 2011

blairshk‏

This week during my language study I was looking at the equivelant of funny phrases "tear someone apart" and "we ran into somebody on the street" and I found the equal to "just go with the flow." That quickly became my motto as stuff continued to just fall apart and soon I just started serving to serve and didn't care about my level of success anymore. Like for instance we were coming back from a meeting late because someone else had messed up and it was out of our control, then the bus broke down and we missed lunch and pretty much everything else and I just looked at my comp and was like "dude, just go with the flow." After a whole week of that, everything came together in a miraculous way and in 2 days we did everything we had planned for the whole week. Pretty neat. Moral of the story: the Lord does his own work and we are just here to witness it in the end.


In other news, yes I read all letters sent by all men women and children. Especially family. Grandma Velma wins the contest for most letters sent I think. Sometimes I get like 2 or 3 at a time. That is always a good feeling. shout out. But yeah I read them all and I just don't always respond because of time restrictions or the fact that everyone reads my emails and nothing else really goes on during the week other than what I say in my emails.

Also I thought it was way funny that mom said she was saving up money for me. Don't do that, because I should probably earn my own money as much as possible when I get home. If you want to give me money, take all the stereo out of my car and sell the car to a junkyard and leave the stereo in my room with the cash on top of it. If you HAVE to give me something, just buy me more tools. I was thinking the other day and I will probably just join the army to pay for college and be a helicopter pilot or something and then buy broken cars and fix/sell them during the summers to get some extra cash. I figure that will give me a lot of technical knowledge and be fun and if I can get good enough to turn around a couple cars a month I could get like $8,000-10,000 a summer. Then I was thinking the other day as I was stretching, I think it would be way funny to train as a bodyflow/yoga instructor and do that while I am at college to get some spending money/entertain myself. In my head the yoga thing is wayyyy funny.

So basically I don't think I need money, especially given that I always find a way to put stuff together for pretty cheap (car=$900;nice computer=$150;monocle=$-44, because I made $44 off of that somehow.). I am all set with those plans. THEY ARE FLAWLESS. So just buy tools and sign me up for a welding class at CBC when I get home. My life will be complete. Oh, and I will also accept a fried egg.

Recently we got an "assistant to the ward mission leader" and he is really funny. I went to his house yesterday with my comp to talk to him about what we'll do this week and I got him to laugh so hard that he cried and probably almost had a heart attack. He's way old and way fat and smoked about 40 cigarrets a day/was almost never sober/fought a lot about 6 or 7 years ago. Now he is a hilarious member of the church that helps us a ton because he is RETIRED and has A CAR. Those words are sweet to my ears. Also behind his house there are a ton of ugly ducks and chickens that I chase around and that is fun. Also he has a bunch of fruit trees like banana and guava and stuff and lets us eat them. Pretty much the best thing ever. We are best friends.

I got the package. Yay for pictures and cake and smores. We are going to have a zone part for 4th of july and I will utilize the stuff so I don't have to buy anything.

also I am sending a CD full of pictures. There is probably 520 photos on there and I finally got an envelope with bubble wrap on the inside so I can send it. I will send it today.

what else... tomorrow the president switches. That should be cool. Also I am teaching another millionaire and his family. A reference of Carlos Martinz who is SUPER influential in brazil. Sadly they too do not live in my area and after they decide to go to church and be baptized I will pass the reference to their real missionaries. They have a big house. They rent out their property to do church camps of 400 people just to give you an idea. I'll try to get a picture of that.

Other than that, I can't really think of much else.

I love you all. Laters.

P.S. skittles was a good idea. well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment