This is probably the only post that will be from THE Elder Christensen.

If you are reading this you probably know me and are close to me so I won't really describe myself...

But today is Sunday May 02, 2010. I get set apart tomorrow as a MISSIONARY for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints at 8:30 P.M. These last couple days have been a whirl-wind but I still have yet to fully grasp the concept of flying to Brazil Tuesday morning so I'm betting the coming days will just OWN me from the inside out as far as craziness goes. I am so excited to head off into the unknown, and am ready to tackle any challenge that comes my way. My mom and dad taught me right, and I am so thankful to you all of you that prepared me for getting this far. You all know who you are

Anyways the blog that follows will pretty much just be a post of Emails that are from me to my family and friends, and it will be a good way to see me progress through my mission first hand. Even if my emails aren't necessarily to you don't feel weird about reading them. I want as many people to share this experience with me as I can.

God be with all of you until we meet again. You'll need it while you don't have me to bestow my presence upon you. haha. I'll see you all in a couple years.

-Scott

Send Me A Letter, I Miss You.

Elder Michael Scott Christensen
Brazil São Paulo Interlagos Mission
R. Euzébio de Souza, 121
Jardim Londrina
05638-100 São Paulo - SP
Brazil

Jul 4, 2011

Olá!!!

AN ABNORMALLY SUCCESSFUL WEEK FINALLY! the funny thing is that the way we did our work didn't change at all. The same stuff we always do and the constant effort we always give just finally clicked. It is funny because I am all excited about how it went, but because of companionship exchanges another élder came to our area for a couple days and it seemed like he had a rough time there. He was just really tired afterwords. Apparently we work harder in our area and don't see as many results immedeatly. But whatever, I'm a man. Deal with it.


So we had 10 investigators at church and at least 5 of them were progressing towards real goals (like baptism), so that was the day that we finally saw a good amount of fruits from our labors. One of our investigators got up and bore his testimony during fast and testimony meeting and made everyone excited about life. Good times. I love it when people pray about stuff and decide to follow Christ.

Other than that a couple of crazy things happened. This story is probably the best one. On tuesday we had gone to a meeting in the morning and then went and ate lunch with a member that lives like 3 or 4 miles away from our place and we were walking back and all of the sudden I had to poop real bad. But not that bad so we just kept walking home, and on the way it was getting worse expodentially. Next thing I know I am getting like goose bumps and cramps and still had a half mile to go. As we got home I had my companion run an unlock the door of our house and I like waddled in and got to the bathroom and just aimed and fired. Just in time right? nope. the lid was down. fail.

The new president is cool. He is from brasilia and is real excited. Doesn't seem super green. He really knows what he's doing. So that is cool.

4th of july is today and we are actually in the middle of doing an activity. I put the cake in to cook and we are going to cook R$150.00 of meat and play uno as a zone singing patriotic songs. Too bad its freezing and the brasilians don't get it. AMERICA.

I love you all and command you to celebrate how awesome america is with all you've got. GET IT DONE.

No comments:

Post a Comment