This is probably the only post that will be from THE Elder Christensen.

If you are reading this you probably know me and are close to me so I won't really describe myself...

But today is Sunday May 02, 2010. I get set apart tomorrow as a MISSIONARY for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints at 8:30 P.M. These last couple days have been a whirl-wind but I still have yet to fully grasp the concept of flying to Brazil Tuesday morning so I'm betting the coming days will just OWN me from the inside out as far as craziness goes. I am so excited to head off into the unknown, and am ready to tackle any challenge that comes my way. My mom and dad taught me right, and I am so thankful to you all of you that prepared me for getting this far. You all know who you are

Anyways the blog that follows will pretty much just be a post of Emails that are from me to my family and friends, and it will be a good way to see me progress through my mission first hand. Even if my emails aren't necessarily to you don't feel weird about reading them. I want as many people to share this experience with me as I can.

God be with all of you until we meet again. You'll need it while you don't have me to bestow my presence upon you. haha. I'll see you all in a couple years.

-Scott

Send Me A Letter, I Miss You.

Elder Michael Scott Christensen
Brazil São Paulo Interlagos Mission
R. Euzébio de Souza, 121
Jardim Londrina
05638-100 São Paulo - SP
Brazil

Jul 11, 2011

Transferrrrrred‏

Well I am getting transfered. That was a bit of a downer because we've been working pretty hard for 3 months and just started to get things clicking here in this city and now I am going to leave my baby son to baptise everyone. We have the next 4 months of baptisms already planned out for the next elder that will come by here. 2 will baptise next week, a family 3-4 depending on what the mom decides she is going to do the first week of august, and because of marriage problems 4 more are already planned for september and october. So this next guy gets to come into an area and have pretty much a guarantee of at least 2 for month which is standard our president set for the next 4 months. So even though I won't get to take part of any of them, at least I got to see the area change and take off. The people in the ward here are getting pretty excited about the work because we have a bunch of new people who are their friends at church. It's funny because the same thing happened in my last area, which has baptised more than 10 I think and most of them I was teaching when I left. So, whatever I guess. Some people sew, and some people reap.
 
I started this thing that I made up called "Project: POTNaM" that is pretty hard core. I made a series of charts in this notebook that I have that span 3 months time and I have to respond to the same 23 questions every night. The questions are made up of questions from this activity in the missionary guide about Christ-like attributes. It is just a bunch of phrases like, "I think about my savior and what he has done for me during the day" and "I actively look for opportunities to serve others" and "I face all things calmly and optimisticly" and I have to put down a number of 1-5, 1 being "never true" and 5 being "always true". And so it goes for now. This is just the 3rd day, but it should be cool to help me start drilling these attributes into my head. I forget stuff a lot, so after 3 months of repeatedly going over these things every night, we'll see if something has changed. The goal is to get some kind of permanent change that will stick with me after the mission. And "POTNaM" stands for "Putting Off The Natural Man." If nothing else I think it is way funny to take out this notebook everynight that is filled with charts and start writing down tons numbers and either cheering for myself or booing myself. I'm not going to explain what I am doing to my comps just to see how they react.
 
It was a pretttty long week though. I got called by the new president to go figure out what was happening in another area on my P-day. We were in the middle of this 4th of july zone barbeque and he calls me and is like "So elder, ARE YOU EXCITED?!" and I was like "uhh... yeah....?" and he was like "THAT IS AWESOME BECAUSE THE CHURCH IS TRUE!!!!!" screaming in the phone. Then he was just like "but also an elder called me and he's jumped over the wall surrounding their house to get away from his companion and their neighboor might call the cops. I want you to go over there and tell me what is going on." So we went over there and that was a blast. Meh. Long story short they were physically fighting and there was blood all over them when I got there. A bunch of crazy pants.
 
Then we went to a "festa Junina" which is like a june party they have. Basically they paint little kids to give them dirty mexi-staches and everyone just dances and stuff. Lots of good food/avoiding the young women who kept taking my companion and I's picture because of our red hair. Also a bunch of crazy pants.
 
But yeah that is it. I am going to another area tomorrow and I still don't know quite where. It is possibly my second to last area at the rate things are going. We'll see....
 
 
Love you all. Stay classy.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment