This is probably the only post that will be from THE Elder Christensen.

If you are reading this you probably know me and are close to me so I won't really describe myself...

But today is Sunday May 02, 2010. I get set apart tomorrow as a MISSIONARY for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints at 8:30 P.M. These last couple days have been a whirl-wind but I still have yet to fully grasp the concept of flying to Brazil Tuesday morning so I'm betting the coming days will just OWN me from the inside out as far as craziness goes. I am so excited to head off into the unknown, and am ready to tackle any challenge that comes my way. My mom and dad taught me right, and I am so thankful to you all of you that prepared me for getting this far. You all know who you are

Anyways the blog that follows will pretty much just be a post of Emails that are from me to my family and friends, and it will be a good way to see me progress through my mission first hand. Even if my emails aren't necessarily to you don't feel weird about reading them. I want as many people to share this experience with me as I can.

God be with all of you until we meet again. You'll need it while you don't have me to bestow my presence upon you. haha. I'll see you all in a couple years.

-Scott

Send Me A Letter, I Miss You.

Elder Michael Scott Christensen
Brazil São Paulo Interlagos Mission
R. Euzébio de Souza, 121
Jardim Londrina
05638-100 São Paulo - SP
Brazil

Aug 8, 2011

Blurgle Blurgle Blurgle

WELLLLLLLL another week goes by. Months don't seem to be as long as they used to be. Heck, months don't seem to be as long as weeks used to be. Sometimes I feel like I never really have a lot of time to decide what I am going to do with my time, because at the end of every day there is no such thing as spare time. I wonder what I'll do when I get home. Bah, who cares.

So anyways, this week was normal. My companion that at one point hated me now idolizes me. That gets annoying when you are with a brasilian because they are a super touchey feely people. He wants to touch me all the time. Taps on the shoulder, hugs, high fives, and all of it without reason. It drives me freaking nuts because sometimes I feel like I am living with a super excited cartoon character. I don't care how much I like someone, if it is a dude, I don't want them touching me all the time. But whatever, someday maybe I'll look back and think that it was cool to be around people like that... just not for now.

So I thought of a way for me to be able to use the members of the ward to give me refferals. I need you guys if you didn't already include it in my birthday box, to send me a package of candy that they don't have here in brasil. Candies off the top of my head include:

-Anything Reeses/peanut butter
-skittles
-starburst
-packs of those icebreakers sours candy that kelsey likes
-rolos

and then you just need to calculate how many weeks I'll have in brasil from the time I get the box (probably around 36) and get enough so that I can do weekly competitions of seeing who can introduce the missionaries to the greatest number of friends and have the winner get imported american candy that is literally impossible to find here. It is going to be amazing because I already know everyone will go crazy weekly to try to win, and I will be able to do it every week untill I go home, and it will be relatively cheap being that the alternative was to buy them a different prize that they are capable of finding in the stores here every week with my food money. So yeah, hook a brotha up por favor.

My hands smell like the pool because I found this ancient bottle of chlorine in our house and I am using it to get the horrible stains off of our tile floor, fridge, toilet, and pretty much everything else. It works super good and makes my eyes water the same way the chlorine feeders in the pool used to when we would clean them with acid. GOOD TIMES. I thought about dying my hair with it... but then I decided not to.

Soren has won the hearts of all the families I teach. Mom and Dad too. I take photos around to show people, and people regularly comment that mom and dad look young and then someone always says one or both of them are hot. Gross.

I had forgotten my suits in another area, and was freezing every night for a couple weeks, and now that I finally got them back it is outrageously hot outside.

The people I left with my son in my other area are all getting baptised. That does a heart good to see the people making good choices.

WELP GOTTA GO.

not really I just am out of stuff to say.

Love yas

No comments:

Post a Comment