This is probably the only post that will be from THE Elder Christensen.

If you are reading this you probably know me and are close to me so I won't really describe myself...

But today is Sunday May 02, 2010. I get set apart tomorrow as a MISSIONARY for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints at 8:30 P.M. These last couple days have been a whirl-wind but I still have yet to fully grasp the concept of flying to Brazil Tuesday morning so I'm betting the coming days will just OWN me from the inside out as far as craziness goes. I am so excited to head off into the unknown, and am ready to tackle any challenge that comes my way. My mom and dad taught me right, and I am so thankful to you all of you that prepared me for getting this far. You all know who you are

Anyways the blog that follows will pretty much just be a post of Emails that are from me to my family and friends, and it will be a good way to see me progress through my mission first hand. Even if my emails aren't necessarily to you don't feel weird about reading them. I want as many people to share this experience with me as I can.

God be with all of you until we meet again. You'll need it while you don't have me to bestow my presence upon you. haha. I'll see you all in a couple years.

-Scott

Send Me A Letter, I Miss You.

Elder Michael Scott Christensen
Brazil São Paulo Interlagos Mission
R. Euzébio de Souza, 121
Jardim Londrina
05638-100 São Paulo - SP
Brazil

Aug 15, 2011

BOREN EY BOARD‏

welp the ey board here s bro en. 'll just put spaces in for all the eys that don't work and you guys can play "fill in the blanks." Oh wait. It is working agian. Let's see how long that lasts.

WELP. got the package of captain crunch and peanut butter and reese's cake and BBQ sauce. THANK. YOU. I have been missing peanut butter. Also we will have a zone BBQ today so the meat rub and BBQ sauce willl blow the minds of both young and old. Well done.

I started my first activity to get refferals and the prize is a thing of peanut butter. It seems like it will work good. The activity ends on the 18th of september and every time I mention to people that they can win by giving me refferals they immedeately think of someone. It started yesterday. I just carry one around in my backpack that is sealed and I show it to the members and explain it to them and then they immedeatly think of someone to start getting points and want to take us to their house right then. We set it up like this:

Giving a refferal - 1 point
Going to a lesson with that refferal and helping us explain/testify of the truth - 1 point
Taking a refferal we are teaching to church for us - 1 point
If your refferal gets baptized - 5 points

So far it seems to be working good because people have a huge desire to get peanut butter. It kind of reminds me of this time that I used various revoloutionary war quotes and posters to incite a rebellion at college in the dorms. People are so easy to manipulate sometimes. I would feel bad about it if I wasn't helping them do something that will make them and the people they give us happier. But I am helping everyone so who cares. Let's use people's simpleness and lack of access to american treats to do a ton of work.

It is looking like we might be able to recieve about 100 member refferals in the next 5 weeks just from one little thing of peanut butter. Score.

In other news transfers are coming up. we get the call on the 21st of August.

But other than that there is not a whole lot going on. Just teaching and looking for people curious to know the truth. Oh, speaking of which, this dude that has pretty much the whole bible memorized showed up at church randomly yesterday. We were learning about tithing and the teacher asked, "what do you guys know about tithing?" and he whispered to me, "I know, but I'll stay quiet because all churches teach different stuff." So I was like, "no way dude, go for it" and he raised his hand and quoted malachi from memory as it is written in one of the translations of the bible, and then explained the point of view of the catholic bible and explained basically the entire subject in a matter of 5 minutes. The instructor was just like, "welp, did everyone understand? good. we're done then." and we watched a movie about lorenzo snow that was epicly old and cool. Needless to say I am happy he showed up.

We explained the restoration of the gospel between classes to him and he said he'll read the whole book of mormon this week and then get baptised on the 27th. So that was neat. Saldy he lives one street outside of our area and I will pass it to the other missionaries. I think that has got to be like the 30th time that this has happened to me so I just thought it was normal, but my companion was dumbstruck. It happened a couple of weeks ago with this lady that spoke to us and got goosebumps and then dreamt about us baptising her the same week. Also outside of our area. Werr werrrrr. But at least the people were found and helped.

But yeah, I love you all and I am very thankful for the support you give me through random packages and such. Also for the example you guys give. I lurves you lots and hope you have a good week. The church is true. pray about it.

laterssss


 

No comments:

Post a Comment