This is probably the only post that will be from THE Elder Christensen.

If you are reading this you probably know me and are close to me so I won't really describe myself...

But today is Sunday May 02, 2010. I get set apart tomorrow as a MISSIONARY for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints at 8:30 P.M. These last couple days have been a whirl-wind but I still have yet to fully grasp the concept of flying to Brazil Tuesday morning so I'm betting the coming days will just OWN me from the inside out as far as craziness goes. I am so excited to head off into the unknown, and am ready to tackle any challenge that comes my way. My mom and dad taught me right, and I am so thankful to you all of you that prepared me for getting this far. You all know who you are

Anyways the blog that follows will pretty much just be a post of Emails that are from me to my family and friends, and it will be a good way to see me progress through my mission first hand. Even if my emails aren't necessarily to you don't feel weird about reading them. I want as many people to share this experience with me as I can.

God be with all of you until we meet again. You'll need it while you don't have me to bestow my presence upon you. haha. I'll see you all in a couple years.

-Scott

Send Me A Letter, I Miss You.

Elder Michael Scott Christensen
Brazil São Paulo Interlagos Mission
R. Euzébio de Souza, 121
Jardim Londrina
05638-100 São Paulo - SP
Brazil

Aug 29, 2011

Starfox

Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllp I am in the same area and I already knew my companion. He was one of my leaders in my last areas so we always did companion exchanges together. So really this week just felt like a companionship exchange. He has one more transfer than I do on the mish so he's got about a year and 5 months already and it is refreshing to be with someone who knows what they are doing, is not a slacker, and has really good ideas. He works just as hard as I do. Finally.

So of course we are completely destroying our area as a team that consists of us with the Holy Ghost and the members in our area. We got 15 member refferals this week which was a big help, and my comp has this crazy ability of getting everyone to like us so the work has been going really good. Hopefully I can pick up a few traits of his because he is fun to be around.

The other weird thing is that he is just like Eric Turner. He looks and acts and talks and laughs and walks and everything pretty much exactly like Eric Turner. He is just brasilian and a bit darker.

But that is cool that kelsey went to college. Get your friends to send me letters because my friends never do. (winnnnnnnnnnnk...). And don't get married until after I come home.

"EWW GROSS IM NOT GONNA GET MARRIED!!!"

yeah, we'll see.

Also, congrats to rachael. Soon you will be famous.

I am so tired. I think at any point in my existance I can sleep. I remember when I was home, there were times that I thought, "Do I wanna take a nap?" and I would try but I wasn't tired enough so I would go play video games. I can't remember what it is like to not be able to sleep. It has been soooooo long. I will try to get a nap in today but we'll see.

This month (september) we should have a few baptisms. That is always fun. We met this dude on saturday and he went to church on sunday and read and prayed and wants to be baptised. I feel like it was a birthday present from Heavenly Father because he will probably be baptised on Saturday two days after my birthday. His name is Aloísio and he is a baller. Way funny. He is about 23 years old, just left his parents house into the big world, and is really smart. He is studying at college, working, and aquiring random skills to be successful and that is not normal here. People here just chill usually, so the fact that his life has direction and he is young is really crazy. He understood the message of the restoration of the gospel in about 15-20 minutes, so we just asked him if he wanted to be baptised and he was like "If God responds to me that this book is true it is the first thing I am going to do." So then he just showed up at church, the bishopric gave him a present, he loved church and made friends, and he said he read and prayed and he decided that is where he wants to be. All in 2 days. woohoo. So we'll have him go to church one more time to make sure that is what he wants to do and teach him a bit more and the next saturday we'll have a baptism.

Electttt

Also a lady in our ward will teach me how to make an awesome little hostess cake thing called honey bread (Pão de mel). IT IS SOOOO GOOD AND SIMPLE TO MAKE. I am going to just make myself a cake every freaking day when I get home because I know how. I am preeeeeeeeeetty excited about it.

And I love everyone. Have a good week. Have fun at college kelsey. Have fun at home everyone. Hug a cat and take a nap for me.

Beijinhos, ( <----that is pretty gay/hilarious)

ELDER CHRISTENSEN


No comments:

Post a Comment