This is probably the only post that will be from THE Elder Christensen.

If you are reading this you probably know me and are close to me so I won't really describe myself...

But today is Sunday May 02, 2010. I get set apart tomorrow as a MISSIONARY for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints at 8:30 P.M. These last couple days have been a whirl-wind but I still have yet to fully grasp the concept of flying to Brazil Tuesday morning so I'm betting the coming days will just OWN me from the inside out as far as craziness goes. I am so excited to head off into the unknown, and am ready to tackle any challenge that comes my way. My mom and dad taught me right, and I am so thankful to you all of you that prepared me for getting this far. You all know who you are

Anyways the blog that follows will pretty much just be a post of Emails that are from me to my family and friends, and it will be a good way to see me progress through my mission first hand. Even if my emails aren't necessarily to you don't feel weird about reading them. I want as many people to share this experience with me as I can.

God be with all of you until we meet again. You'll need it while you don't have me to bestow my presence upon you. haha. I'll see you all in a couple years.

-Scott

Send Me A Letter, I Miss You.

Elder Michael Scott Christensen
Brazil São Paulo Interlagos Mission
R. Euzébio de Souza, 121
Jardim Londrina
05638-100 São Paulo - SP
Brazil

Oct 24, 2011

hey everybody
Man, our mission is getting OWNED. The numbers have gone down sooooo much in the last few months. This month was a bomb. But after the changes that we made it looks like our "safe zone" of obedience that we made might end up doing the best out of everyone. I think we just need continue being obedient and humble. The main leaders in our mission are teaching a bunch of stuff out of their own heads instead of out of the manual, and since our "safe zone" has started just not listening to them very much and following the apostles/prophet instead some our areas have been having unreal amounts of success. Especially in the last week or so. I was in a companion exchange in another area, and this lady just walked up to us in the street and told us that her biggest desire was to be baptised and she just didn't know where to get baptised. Then we came back to our area and the same thing happened. We have a baptism marked for this week and a mom and a kid the next week and another mom and a kid the next week as well as a family for the same week. Everything seems to be going well, but also easily could all fall apart if we stop doing what we're supposed to be doing, so now it is do or die time to prove that we are supposed to follow manual instead of our own ideas. If all goes well, we might end up making a difference in the lives of literally hundreds of people in the matter of a few months. Prayers will be needed for sure, but I am excited.
Other than that, I got an email that says they need you guys to send me the following information:
Address and names of parents
Email of parents
The name of the Bishop in our ward
The name of the Stake president and his email address
My home airport
They need this stuff so that they can buy my tickets home. Weird huh. I hate thinking about that. The other day I got a letter from a friend that reminded me that one day I won't be a missionary anymore and I almost started crying when I read it and then I had this crazy dream where I got home off my mission and I ran away from home and went back to keep working but no one in the mission recognized me/they wouldn't let me work with them. Super weird, but also pretty funny to see how much the thought of going home bothers me. I never thought I would get to that point. I made this part of our house that is a ton of quotes saying what my purpose is as a missionary to keep my mind off of it. So for now I will just stay in denail.
But lets do a cruise when I get home in a portuguese speaking country. BRAZIL (WINK)
ANYWAYS.
I love you all. I am excited to work this week. I am freaking exhausted but I can't say that that bothers me at all. I love getting up in the morning knowing that the same day I will be trying to help someone be releived from the burden of their sins. Even exhaustion doesn't really matter when someone bears their testimony to you that you are teaching. Being a missionary is probably the best thing EVER.
That reminds me, we heard that there is a broadway musical about the Book of Mormon that is way successful and that is helping the church even though it wasn't supposed to. owned.
I love you allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
k bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment