This is probably the only post that will be from THE Elder Christensen.

If you are reading this you probably know me and are close to me so I won't really describe myself...

But today is Sunday May 02, 2010. I get set apart tomorrow as a MISSIONARY for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints at 8:30 P.M. These last couple days have been a whirl-wind but I still have yet to fully grasp the concept of flying to Brazil Tuesday morning so I'm betting the coming days will just OWN me from the inside out as far as craziness goes. I am so excited to head off into the unknown, and am ready to tackle any challenge that comes my way. My mom and dad taught me right, and I am so thankful to you all of you that prepared me for getting this far. You all know who you are

Anyways the blog that follows will pretty much just be a post of Emails that are from me to my family and friends, and it will be a good way to see me progress through my mission first hand. Even if my emails aren't necessarily to you don't feel weird about reading them. I want as many people to share this experience with me as I can.

God be with all of you until we meet again. You'll need it while you don't have me to bestow my presence upon you. haha. I'll see you all in a couple years.

-Scott

Send Me A Letter, I Miss You.

Elder Michael Scott Christensen
Brazil São Paulo Interlagos Mission
R. Euzébio de Souza, 121
Jardim Londrina
05638-100 São Paulo - SP
Brazil

Dec 19, 2011

I AM FREE!!!

I got transfered again. While it should be annoying, I feel good about it. I had 8 people firm to get baptised in january already and a kid we were going to baptise this week, but whatever. Me and my comp got transfered. That happened in 3 areas here close. BUT WHATEVS. I AM FREE!!!

I started thinking about it, and this transfer means a few things:

1) It is almost certainly my last time that I will get transfered.
2) I probably will only have 2 more companions
3) I am not a leader of other missionaries anymore, so if somebody doesn't know what they are doing or they need help, I have nothing that I can do about it. I can just relax and not worry about anything besides feeling and following the holy spirit. YES. THAT IS THE BEST PART!!! No more worrying about some kid who wasn't prepped or is super immature or who wants to kill their companion. It isn't my problem anymore.

I feel like I have been preparing for this part of my mission my whole life. I know what I am doing finally and I feel like my relationship with our father in heaven is as good as it has ever been, and I can just ask him to use me as a tool everyday and go hunt spiritual expereinces and get lost in the work with the people. No more wasting time with cat fights between missionaries or anything like that. I can just wake up and feast on simple cool little experiences every day until I go home now. WHAT A RELIEF. I was getting sooooooo tired. I just can't explain how happy I am to finally just be a normal missionary again.

And the cool part is, is this feeling of "job well done" that rests in my heart. I have been killing myself lately to get stuff done and not complain and just try to be as good as I could. I was totally ready and willing to just finish my mission working my booty off and waking up more and more exhausted every day, BUT I DON'T HAVE TO. WHAT A RELEIF!!! It is a good feeling. This is like the greatest christmas present ever.

The people in this ward are pretty sad that we are leaving. I am trying to just leave without saying good-bye to anyone because they are all going to cry. A few people found out and they are pretty mad. They said that we are the coolest missionary companionship that has ever passed in their ward, and the ward attendance has gone up like 80 people in these 3 months. I don't even know how because we've only baptized like 5 people. Oh well, they'll get over it. One missionary goes out, another one comes in. Life goes on.

Funny story from lunch. I tried to help and wash dishes, but the lady was just sitting there tapping her foot watching me and then out of no where she was like "GET OUT OF HERE! YOU ARE EMBARASSING ME! I HAVE NEVER SEEN SOMEONE WASH DISHES SO SLOW IN MY WHOOOOLE LIFEEEE!!!" and so I was like "whatevs" and just went to eat some dessert. So then she comes in and asked my to cut some dessert, and I did, and she lost it. She just went crazy laughing like mom does. No one really knows why, but she was getting hysterical and just saying, "I CAN'T WAIT FOR YOU TO GET MARRIED ELDER!!! IT WILL BE SOOOO FUNNNYYYY!!!"

long story short, I haven't changed that much as far as moving really slow goes. If anything I got worse apparently.

I might get a companion from moçambique (african country). That would be fun. but who knows what will happen. This transfer will be strange.

BUT, I will call sometime. I don't know when, because I still don't know where I am going or with whom. I know that I am opening up the area from scratch because I am getting transfered and my next comp will be a newbie. So I will try to make friends with a computer and a webcam until sunday. I am not really worried about it. The companion I get will decide when I call you guys. I will see if I can't send Rachael a message before sunday with the president's permission.

It is super hot here. So when you see me I will be skinnier, more sunburned and dirtier than you have probably ever seen me. That is... if I call with skype... dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnnnn


Bye, I love you all

No comments:

Post a Comment