This is probably the only post that will be from THE Elder Christensen.

If you are reading this you probably know me and are close to me so I won't really describe myself...

But today is Sunday May 02, 2010. I get set apart tomorrow as a MISSIONARY for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints at 8:30 P.M. These last couple days have been a whirl-wind but I still have yet to fully grasp the concept of flying to Brazil Tuesday morning so I'm betting the coming days will just OWN me from the inside out as far as craziness goes. I am so excited to head off into the unknown, and am ready to tackle any challenge that comes my way. My mom and dad taught me right, and I am so thankful to you all of you that prepared me for getting this far. You all know who you are

Anyways the blog that follows will pretty much just be a post of Emails that are from me to my family and friends, and it will be a good way to see me progress through my mission first hand. Even if my emails aren't necessarily to you don't feel weird about reading them. I want as many people to share this experience with me as I can.

God be with all of you until we meet again. You'll need it while you don't have me to bestow my presence upon you. haha. I'll see you all in a couple years.

-Scott

Send Me A Letter, I Miss You.

Elder Michael Scott Christensen
Brazil São Paulo Interlagos Mission
R. Euzébio de Souza, 121
Jardim Londrina
05638-100 São Paulo - SP
Brazil

Mar 19, 2012

So you guys are moving this week, and I might have to move next week. Haha. Just when you think that it is your last area... you start to realize that that may not be the case. But we'll see next p-day because I'll get the call letting me know on sunday.
In any case, I wanted to know if you have any preference with what I do with all my clothes? I was just going to give everything away being that it is all way old. I was thinking about coming home with just my suits and the clothes on my back... but let me know what you want me to do because I am open to suggestions.
I went to go try and buy shoes this week, but no luck (I am out in the middle of no where and they don't sell dress shoes in my area). So because of laziness I am going to put a ton of duct tape in the inside of my shoe and just ride out the last 6 weeks on frankestein boots. the last pair have officially bitten the dust.
So in other news, we had a cool week. Maria (super funny old lady) decided to get baptised. That was a good time. She was a super strong catholic and prayed and got a pretty direct response through the Holy Ghost that she needed to be baptized in our church. So, this week I was kind of thinking about why it is so important to the Lord for people to be in one specific church, because there are tons of good people in all churches who are really bettering their lives and who are sincerely growing close to the savior through study and prayer and application of doctrine. I figured out that at least one of the reasons is the fact that the callings that we receive in our church have a fundamental role in shaping us and providing us with the specific challenges that we need to develope new attributes in our quest for perfection (romans 12:1-8). If your calling isn't by God, it won't take you to perfection. So long story short it is a good idea to do what God tells you to do (including join his church and accept a calling).
Other than that Not much is going on. We had a meeting with Elder Godoy, who is a 70 that serves in the area presidency here. He is way cool. He isn't one of the general authorities that comes and tries to wow you by telling you he had a crazy revelation with Jesus Christ or something like that. He is just wayyyyyyy humble and fun and spiritual. He reminds me a lot of pres. jackson that already went home (my ex. pres.). If I want to be like some GA it is him.
But anyway, we are going to deep clean our house. It has been kind of windy and now I'm sneezing a lot because there is dust everywhere. Do you know how to clean a tile floor really good with just a broken squeegie, a tupperware, pinesol and a rag? Brasilians do. something that I'll never be able to apply again in my life because cleaning is a peice of cake in the US. Just like washing clothes by hand. meh. But at least it makes my life a bit more comfortable for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment