This is probably the only post that will be from THE Elder Christensen.

If you are reading this you probably know me and are close to me so I won't really describe myself...

But today is Sunday May 02, 2010. I get set apart tomorrow as a MISSIONARY for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints at 8:30 P.M. These last couple days have been a whirl-wind but I still have yet to fully grasp the concept of flying to Brazil Tuesday morning so I'm betting the coming days will just OWN me from the inside out as far as craziness goes. I am so excited to head off into the unknown, and am ready to tackle any challenge that comes my way. My mom and dad taught me right, and I am so thankful to you all of you that prepared me for getting this far. You all know who you are

Anyways the blog that follows will pretty much just be a post of Emails that are from me to my family and friends, and it will be a good way to see me progress through my mission first hand. Even if my emails aren't necessarily to you don't feel weird about reading them. I want as many people to share this experience with me as I can.

God be with all of you until we meet again. You'll need it while you don't have me to bestow my presence upon you. haha. I'll see you all in a couple years.

-Scott

Send Me A Letter, I Miss You.

Elder Michael Scott Christensen
Brazil São Paulo Interlagos Mission
R. Euzébio de Souza, 121
Jardim Londrina
05638-100 São Paulo - SP
Brazil

Mar 19, 2012

Wellllp

So I stayed in the same area. Phwew. we've got 5 people who are pretty ready to be baptized this month, and we are going to just look for people for the next missionaries to baptize for free to make them happy. Yay for selfless service
We had a 70 come through our mission (I am pretty sure I already talked about him) and he was like, "If you expect to have some amount of success or improvement in your life after the mission, then you need to finish accelerating. If you start going downhill right at the end, that trend will probably continue for months or even years."
So I decided to go crazy. It is better than getting tired, and it will help me hit the ground running when I get home rather than expect some kind of break from work. So far so good. I got put in as a leader again too so that gives me something to do. I'm still with my same companion too. The poor kid will go 3 transfers with his trainer. That would have driven me nuts. But he is doing good and says that it is all good with him, so whatever.
Luckily I am being blessed with a mental block that is helping me out. I can't really imagine what it would be like to be home, and when members try to get me to get on facebook and stuff I don't even have any desire to think about home or get letters or anything. There are some elders that go crazy at the end, but I honestly couldn't even care less about going home. At least for now...? So hopefully that continues untill the day before I go home so that I can work hard and then enjoy the ride home.
I weighed myself and I am 205 pounds, so that is only like 25 pounds less than I was when I left. So that isn't that bad, right?
But yeah....
welp we're in a hurry and there isn't that much to say.
LOVE YOU ALL!!!
See you in a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment