This is probably the only post that will be from THE Elder Christensen.

If you are reading this you probably know me and are close to me so I won't really describe myself...

But today is Sunday May 02, 2010. I get set apart tomorrow as a MISSIONARY for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints at 8:30 P.M. These last couple days have been a whirl-wind but I still have yet to fully grasp the concept of flying to Brazil Tuesday morning so I'm betting the coming days will just OWN me from the inside out as far as craziness goes. I am so excited to head off into the unknown, and am ready to tackle any challenge that comes my way. My mom and dad taught me right, and I am so thankful to you all of you that prepared me for getting this far. You all know who you are

Anyways the blog that follows will pretty much just be a post of Emails that are from me to my family and friends, and it will be a good way to see me progress through my mission first hand. Even if my emails aren't necessarily to you don't feel weird about reading them. I want as many people to share this experience with me as I can.

God be with all of you until we meet again. You'll need it while you don't have me to bestow my presence upon you. haha. I'll see you all in a couple years.

-Scott

Send Me A Letter, I Miss You.

Elder Michael Scott Christensen
Brazil São Paulo Interlagos Mission
R. Euzébio de Souza, 121
Jardim Londrina
05638-100 São Paulo - SP
Brazil

Jun 15, 2010

K i磍l be totally honest, I only have 12 minutes to write and there is a lot to say so here we go. Rach got your message, life doesn磘 sound boring and I can磘 imagine dave at 215 so that is cool. He磗 more of an athlete than i am. I decided to let myself drop down to about 180 and then start working out so that I don磘 have to go through a stage of working-out-but-getting-weaker-anyway-ness. So that has been interesting. I磍l probably have a heart attack or something. But let磗 get to the important part. I. GOT. TO. DO. SOMETHING. WITHOTHERPEOPLEINVOLVED. LIKENOTMEMBERSOFTHECHURCH. finally. we went and did some proselyting the other day and it was straight up boss. They only let us have 4 book of mormons though and gave us 4 hours. So my companion and I decided we would only let them have them if they promised us they would read and pray about what they read after. So the first 10 people or so didn磘 agree but after that it started getting better and we ran out after 45 minutes anyways. If someone would listen to what we had to say i would start freaking out and getting really excited inside and i think everyone thought i was insane. A big ol red headed person running around telling people about a book they need to pray about. And I am wearing church clothes. Totally sane looking. But it was a blast. All we had to do to get people to promise us is tell them sincerely what we felt about it. The portuguese seemed to just spray out of my mouth and I磎 not sure what i said, but one kid looked like something had touched him in his heart and I just hope it wasn磘 a bad thing. I probably just called his mom fat or something. But either way i loved it. So then we had 3 more hours and nothing to do. So we just talked to everyone who would let us. Some times it led to a gospel discussion and my instructor was watching us and decided to just have us take their addresses. But mostly we just talked with people. They are all super nice. One guy was like ``i磎 catholic.创 and so i asked him if he read the bible and he said no because he didn磘 like it. Haha. And he already had a book of mormon but never read it. People here are all really honest and willing to chat, even if they don磘 like your message or your church. So at least that is cool. No one wants me to die or anything. OTHER THAN THAT, I don磘 know. It磗 whatever. Everyday is new, different, and fun. Even if the MTC is boring sometimes. The gospel is pretty cool so i just think about that all day. ANYWAYS i better go. I have 1 minute left. Thanks mom for the letter. I love you guys and I sincerely appreciate the example that you磛e all been to me. Mom and Dad, sorry i was a turd sometimes. I love you guys and I promise i磎 not dumb anymrosdkl鏵jasdf鏹asdf. well bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment