This is probably the only post that will be from THE Elder Christensen.

If you are reading this you probably know me and are close to me so I won't really describe myself...

But today is Sunday May 02, 2010. I get set apart tomorrow as a MISSIONARY for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints at 8:30 P.M. These last couple days have been a whirl-wind but I still have yet to fully grasp the concept of flying to Brazil Tuesday morning so I'm betting the coming days will just OWN me from the inside out as far as craziness goes. I am so excited to head off into the unknown, and am ready to tackle any challenge that comes my way. My mom and dad taught me right, and I am so thankful to you all of you that prepared me for getting this far. You all know who you are

Anyways the blog that follows will pretty much just be a post of Emails that are from me to my family and friends, and it will be a good way to see me progress through my mission first hand. Even if my emails aren't necessarily to you don't feel weird about reading them. I want as many people to share this experience with me as I can.

God be with all of you until we meet again. You'll need it while you don't have me to bestow my presence upon you. haha. I'll see you all in a couple years.

-Scott

Send Me A Letter, I Miss You.

Elder Michael Scott Christensen
Brazil São Paulo Interlagos Mission
R. Euzébio de Souza, 121
Jardim Londrina
05638-100 São Paulo - SP
Brazil

Jun 8, 2010

So anyways, just got back from a refreshing trip to the temple. This morning I felt really good and I couldn´t figure out why. Then I realized I could see my breath. MIND. BLOWN. I think it´s in part because of the fact that the air I am breathing into is 3 parts car exhaust and 1 part oxygen so the water condenses in the air easier. But who can say. All I know is that I was stoked. then we got out of the temple at like 10:30 and I commenced sweating again. But it was a nice little break after having been sweating everytime I´ve been outside in a month and it´s supposed to be winter.

I hear a lot of good things about Dave from some very reliable sources. Well done. Keep losing weight so that when I get home I can get myself up to 250 and be the dominant force. Also the picture of Kelsey and Sophia made me laugh. Then it made me sad though because the sun was shining out there. As sunny as it is here it´s pretty smoggy. my roommates right now are brasilian and they were telling me that where they live up north the sun just devestates the americans. I didn´t believe them so I made them show me some pics from their picture album and their houses are legit. Both of their houses look like they are on a resort beach in the carribean. They are just riding down the beach on horses and living the life. Not going to lie I was pretty jealous. The other thing they said that made me feel pretty good was that I was speaking well enought to be understood. Aparrently the elders where both of them live are new and are not understandable. ``ayyoooo, tenyooo umaaa mensss-sss-ss-ssagen, sobrey jesussss cristttoooo...?´´ kind of made me feel bad for those elders but mostly good for myself.

At the same time we went out on the street last tuesday looking for glow sticks and other random necessities (wow spell check) and this guy with 3 teeth was trying to talk to me. Not going to lie I didn´t get much, but when i went to shake his hand and leave he dropped his ciggarette so mission accomplished. But in my defense, if you don´t have teeth i probably couldn´t understand you even if you spoke english. lettss see what elseeee...

oh yeah. Thanks todd for the dan jones thing sounds like you guys are having a blast getting to nerd out at home for a while. Mom hinted that you guys might work on the car. Here´s a hint: save your money and take out my stereo and my PA system and anything else cool and junk it. Maybe save the intake manifold or something that has the Mr. Yuck symbol on it. Another option would be to rent a backhoe and bury it in a 6 foot deep grave in the desert with a head stone. Take your choice. If you do work on it, i am pretty sure it will have at least one bent valve because it was getting turned over without a timeing chain, so have fun with that. probably will be around 500 dollars.

And Rachael sounds like she´s having fun turning into a crazy cat woman/explorer/church´n extroardinaire. That is honestly pretty much my dream so I can´t really mock her. Not going to lie, I´m pretty jealous you found a traveling poetry journal. Pretty much jealous that you get to tromp around outside and not study 9 billion hours a day. The MTC is making me into an old man physically. My knees and butt hurt from sitting for the last month. Like it´s a blast here and everything, I just am eagerly awaiting the day I get to use my legs like they were meant to be used again. I think I´ve lost around 10 pounds at this point which is concerning because I´ve probably lost even more muscle. But it´s all good.

The MTC is honestly a really great experience. It´s been surprising just int he sense that I feel like i´m growing the most spiritually. Language is whatever, but the spiritual side of things is constant growth. That makes me happy because that is always when I am happiest. Everyone keep sending letters, and mom stop buying me stuff. Haha i have to eat probably 30 cookies in the next 3 p-days. but other than that I am good so don´t worry about me.

Anyone who reads this mormon or not I have one thing to suggest to you. Take 5 minutes out of your day when you have some down time on the bus or just some time to think this summer, and try just conversing with your father in heaven. I have had the opportunity to have that be a constant here and it´s really benefited me in a lot of ways. You always see better when you are seeing a little bit more of what he sees.

Anyways, until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment